Deer Hunting Forums banner

not a good day

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
Or should I say week. Buried my dog my best friend Friday. Mom found out that she was not approved for the brain surgery for her parkinsons. My sister called and said she don't wanna take care of mom, come get her. seen doc today for blood test results. doubled my BP meds and started me on diabetic meds. just got off phone with stepdad. he has to go in for a pacemaker. I need to find a hole to crawl in for awhile

#2 ·
HB,
Do you remember the post you put up about church, maybe that's the "hole"
you need. Ask people to come along side you in your time of sorrow. You may be surprised!
We here on DHC love you brother and I will pray for God to do a work in your life.
Sometimes it takes awhile, dang it!
daddus
Just hang in there. All storms finally pass.

#3 ·
I agree with daddus. This sounds like the perfect time to turn to God. Remember He does all things for a reason even though we may not know why. Sometimes God will test us in our lives to see if we really do trust in Him. Pray pray pray. But most importantly pray that He will give you the understanding you need. Sometimes its hard to understand Him but He does all things for a purpose. One thing.I learned a long time ago is that sometimes He puts us through tough times so that someday in the future we can help someone else out. Even if the worst happens in everything you listed I guarantee you, you will use your experience to help others someday.

Case and point my church as a celebrate recovery.group that meets weekly and the main group leaders are ex addicts. Why? Because they have been through what the people needing help are going through.

I will pray for you buddy.

#5 ·
Any word hellbilly on any of the conditions you mentioned? prayers are sent and being sent... my prayer is for God to give you comfort during this time of stress. I know the feeling when it seems like everything that can go wrong does. Stay strong man, for your family, you are their rock.

#6 ·
HB, I feel your pain! The good Lord gave us the ability to survive even when we don't think we can go another minute. Every morning you wake up is another behind you. Strength comes from determination to survive. Look to friends to give you a break or a helping hand. You know we here will talk anytime you need to. Life throws so many curve balls to us it's a wonder all of us don't have a meltdown from time to time. Small steps and a list to begin to sort out the issues is my suggestion to start. Look to state help for your mom?? Keep us informed on your progress! Brighter days are truly ahead that's what keeps us going........ Really sorry to her about your dog!

#9 ·
many thanks for all the prayers and well wishs. still trying to get things sorted out. I did get a call from a contractor I know and asked me to come to work as a superintendant as soon as doc releases me. He has some condos and a visitor center getting ready to start

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.