Deer Hunting Forums banner

Zimmerman trial

5K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Scorpion8 
#1 ·
don't know if any of yall know about the trial that is going on here in Fl. Any short of it a white guy shot and killed a black guy after being attacked by him. Well the words out to LOCK and LOAD cuz the brothers or saying if he gets off they or going to make the LA riots look like a play day and will shoot white people at random. The law enforcement is also gearing up for it and also have the national guard on the ready

#2 ·
I've been watching the trial live online, and I don't see anyway possible that the jury will have any sort of reasonable doubt to rule against Zimmerman.
As far as I can tell thus far Zimmerman did what he had to do (without question).
BUT, I have no doubt there's going to be Riots, looting, fires, innocent whites will be attacked, shot, stabbed, beaten, maimed, possibly killed
and I don't blame the idiots that act out from this, I Blame people like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson even Obama himself and the other so called "black leaders",
EVERY DAMN one of them jumped to conclusions initially and claimed Trayvon Martin was purposely attacked and killed just because he was Black and as civilized human beings
we all know that isn't even close to being true but the media (Except Fox news) ran with that racial crap and now innocent people will pay for the stupidity of the so called "Black Leaders"
it's just sickening and I hope the Blacks have a change of heart after seeing the trial or at the very least I wish the President would make an announcement to the "Blacks" that,
Tryvon got his day in court but a jury found by evidence that he died by his own actions and George Zimmerman acted only in self defense.

If anyone is interested in watching the trial live, here's the link, Zimmerman Trial | Live Coverage

#3 ·
I too have watched the trial. I believe the defense is winning but because of the women jury I think they will find him guilty of something less than 2nd degree murder just to sympathize with TM's mom. I'm not saying I agree with it but they know that a not guilty verdict will result in all the rioting ect. It is hard to take sides for me in this case, I wasn't there, but I can see why a not guilty verdict may/could be reached. If the roles were reversed and Martin the shooter was found not guilty would white Americans hit the streets burning down the town? Probably not, I'm just saying.

#5 ·
there is nothing to convict on but 2nd degree murder. That's all he was charged with. they cant convict on lesser charges unless he was charged with them. After he is found not guilty the state can rearrest him on manslaughter but I don't see that happening

#4 ·
I think the real issue is that the media has blown this way out of proportion- like they always to. I watch fox news occasionally and sometimes they even don't know when to just stop. I honestly have not watched this particular trial and I probably won't start. Reporting a crime or thought-to-be crime is one thing... but when the media starts giving the audience false facts and making stories "more interesting" they are crossing the line.

Let's face it,, the media of this country are alot like the politicians of this country. Just imagine if both groups were given rules to abide by from the REAL American people!?!?

#7 ·
NOT GUILTY on all charges :thumbup: :pickle: now we just have to watch our backs for awhile. a lot of threats were made if he was found not guilty. also the NAACP decided to have there national confrance this weekend in Orlando,wonder how that's going for them. The black panthers have put a money reward on Z-mans head,wounder how they can get away with that. If something does happen to him couldn't they be charged?

#8 ·
The new black panthers can only be charged if there's evidence against them, making threats against Zimmerman is one thing but carrying out an act of murder is another.
I Thank GOD Almighty for watching over Zimmerman during the trial and I thank God the jury managed to get it right in the end. I totally agree with the verdict.
I have personally had lifelong friends unfriend me on facebook because I supported Zimmerman from day one.
My common sense approach and ability to look at the whole picture with a neutral point of view, along with the photo's of a Battered Zimmerman were pretty convincing to me that George Zimmerman took a serious beating and after finding out Trayvon Martin didn't even have a scratch on him, at some point my common sense told me Zimmerman was attacked by trayvon and the result was an act of self defense, nothing racial, nothing planned, no other motives came into play against Trayvon Martin, only Zimmerman having to defend himself.
It's a sad and tragic ending for Trayvon Martin, may his soul rest in peace....

#12 · (Edited)
Ill say the truth this is nonsense.Zimmerman is hispanic and Martin is an african american where is the race card?All they want is a reason to throw a brick threw a window and steal some tv's.So sick of the bs and the threats.If i lived their i wouldnt watch my back and live in fear that is nonsense.

#13 ·
There will be several civil suits against Zimmerman and there's a real good chance some of them may win but the problem now is, our own Government is performing investigations to determine if Zimmerman should be slapped with Federal Civil Rights charges, basically because he interrupted Martin's right to walk on a public sidewalk, BUT that one isn't so easy to establish due to the fact that Zimmerman won his case on the grounds of "Self Defense"... It's hard to say my rights were violtaed if I beat someone up and during the fight they decide to exercise their right to protect and defend themselves.

Trayvon's parents just got paid very well (More than a million dollars) from their lawsuit against the Home Owners association, that to me is sickening. the Home Owners Association???? Really??? Guess that shows they have no bounds, no limits as to where they will go to "profit"....

#15 ·
the civil suit should go nowere. Here the law is if you defend yourself and its a good shoot the law protects you by immunity from any civil suits. I did learn something today. The feds can rearrest you and charge you with the same charges that you were found not guilty in a state court.the thing is you should have the same outcome,but all they can hope for is a jury full of libs and going to hang you any way.

#16 ·
Here is a link explaining the differences between "Criminal" vs. "Civil" law.

Civil and Criminal Law

I'm not a lawyer but what this tells me is a Defendant who commits a felony or misdemeanor will be charged by the state or federal /government, If the defendant is found to be innocent or not guilty they cannot be charged again for the same crimes. that would be a double jeopardy.

However a "Plaintiff" not the state or fed's can file civil charges against the defendant for compensation for their loss/losses. There are never jail sentences or incarcerations from civil cases.

Civil cases are easier to win because the plaintiff can "prove his/her case at a level of "clear and convincing evidence", which is a standard higher than preponderance, but less than "beyond a reasonable doubt." Source; link

#18 ·
my thoughts are that Stand your ground type laws are state laws that have been put in place to make clearer definition to U.S. self defense laws
I'm not too impressed with Holder especially when almost every Attorney replied (even expert civil rights attorneys, Leo Terrell) the same way when asked about the George Zimmerman trial,
they all said the trial was fair and there isn't any reason to try and charge him with any type of racial hate crimes because there's absolutely no evidence to back up that charge.

Make sure to watch the Leo Terrell Video, it's a must see.

#19 ·
Bruce-Good posting and really good info from you as always!! I just saw this morning where a 32 year old black mother of two shot at a wall next to where her abusive husband was standing. This also happened in Florida. She was sentenced to 20 years in prison!! Just shot the wall off to the side of him! So good luck with that "Stand Your Ground" BS.

#20 ·
Funny how the media works according to public sentiment.This kids troubled past is off limits and is never talked about.Your actions show who you are and how you act.The goverment is gonna put zimmerman in jail although he already is in hiding and has no life.How come when Oj got off it was accepted and the judicial system ran its course.Their is a double standard in this country.Right or wrong the court spoke and the man is free and he should be left alone!Did ya ever wonder why they dont preach Zimmerman is hispanic they want to incite black vs white when this man is hispanic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.