Zimmerman trial - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:54 AM

Tatorman, of course they can, remember OJ?? Brown family got a guilty verdict for millions after OJ was found not guilty. I expect a civil suit to be announced soon, just to collect any movie or book monies George might make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 08:13 AM
B&C 160 Class

Ill say the truth this is nonsense.Zimmerman is hispanic and Martin is an african american where is the race card?All they want is a reason to throw a brick threw a window and steal some tv's.So sick of the bs and the threats.If i lived their i wouldnt watch my back and live in fear that is nonsense.

Last edited by spiker; 07-15-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:24 AM

There will be several civil suits against Zimmerman and there's a real good chance some of them may win but the problem now is, our own Government is performing investigations to determine if Zimmerman should be slapped with Federal Civil Rights charges, basically because he interrupted Martin's right to walk on a public sidewalk, BUT that one isn't so easy to establish due to the fact that Zimmerman won his case on the grounds of "Self Defense"... It's hard to say my rights were violtaed if I beat someone up and during the fight they decide to exercise their right to protect and defend themselves.

Trayvon's parents just got paid very well (More than a million dollars) from their lawsuit against the Home Owners association, that to me is sickening. the Home Owners Association???? Really??? Guess that shows they have no bounds, no limits as to where they will go to "profit"....

Old 07-15-2013, 10:13 AM

And just how upsetting is this graphic? Upsetting but probably true

Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 AM
B&C 140 Class

the civil suit should go nowere. Here the law is if you defend yourself and its a good shoot the law protects you by immunity from any civil suits. I did learn something today. The feds can rearrest you and charge you with the same charges that you were found not guilty in a state court.the thing is you should have the same outcome,but all they can hope for is a jury full of libs and going to hang you any way.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:51 AM

Here is a link explaining the differences between "Criminal" vs. "Civil" law.

Civil and Criminal Law

I'm not a lawyer but what this tells me is a Defendant who commits a felony or misdemeanor will be charged by the state or federal /government, If the defendant is found to be innocent or not guilty they cannot be charged again for the same crimes. that would be a double jeopardy.

However a "Plaintiff" not the state or fed's can file civil charges against the defendant for compensation for their loss/losses. There are never jail sentences or incarcerations from civil cases.

Civil cases are easier to win because the plaintiff can "prove his/her case at a level of "clear and convincing evidence", which is a standard higher than preponderance, but less than "beyond a reasonable doubt." Source; link

Old 07-17-2013, 12:17 AM
B&C 180 Class

my bad HM... I did think he could... I stand corrected.

I just read something that is going to make everyone's blood boil. Thoughts on the below article?

AG strongly criticizes stand-your-ground laws
Old 07-17-2013, 07:32 AM

my thoughts are that Stand your ground type laws are state laws that have been put in place to make clearer definition to U.S. self defense laws
I'm not too impressed with Holder especially when almost every Attorney replied (even expert civil rights attorneys, Leo Terrell) the same way when asked about the George Zimmerman trial,
they all said the trial was fair and there isn't any reason to try and charge him with any type of racial hate crimes because there's absolutely no evidence to back up that charge.

Make sure to watch the Leo Terrell Video, it's a must see.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:02 AM
B&C 120 Class

Bruce-Good posting and really good info from you as always!! I just saw this morning where a 32 year old black mother of two shot at a wall next to where her abusive husband was standing. This also happened in Florida. She was sentenced to 20 years in prison!! Just shot the wall off to the side of him! So good luck with that "Stand Your Ground" BS.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:24 PM
B&C 160 Class

Funny how the media works according to public sentiment.This kids troubled past is off limits and is never talked about.Your actions show who you are and how you act.The goverment is gonna put zimmerman in jail although he already is in hiding and has no life.How come when Oj got off it was accepted and the judicial system ran its course.Their is a double standard in this country.Right or wrong the court spoke and the man is free and he should be left alone!Did ya ever wonder why they dont preach Zimmerman is hispanic they want to incite black vs white when this man is hispanic.