Deer Hunting Forums banner

Firefighters in Az

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Scorpion8 
#1 ·
!9 Firefighters have perished in the wildfires in Arizona. Lets keep them & families in our thoughts & prayers.

#3 ·
X2 being a retired vol FF of 21 years I always said I would take a structure fire over a wildland fire anyday of the week. Wildland fires are so dangerous it only takes a slight wind change to make your day go bad not to mention falling debris & everything else.
fighting a Structure Fire is like having the best equipment in a war
Wildland Fire is like hand to hand combat
THOUGHTS & PRAYERS TO ALL INVOLVED

#5 ·
prayers for the families of the lost firefighters. I know wildfires or not fun. MY dad was a VF and chief when he called it quits after being burned from the waist down 3 degree. he responded to a crash on I-75 and the people had gas in anti-freeze jugs and one of then blew open and sprayed him.after he got over that he just ran the first responder EMT truck until he retired from fire fighting. I ran the trucks with him for the last few yearsuntil he went to the EMT truck. Fire is a BAD thing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.