Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Memory (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/11954-memory.html)

Hunting Man 06-12-2013 10:06 AM

Memory

Man I don't know what's going on with me, seems like short term memory is getting bad. :crazy: At some point I put my crossbow string helper some where and for the last three days I have tore the house and garage apart and no stringer. The thing is, I remember saying at the time I'd put it in an easy place to remember......:wallbash: The reason this came up is I shot the new bolts the other day and had to cock the 200 lb bow about 12 times without the stringer, ouch! Somebody lied when they called it the GOLDEN years.

gfdeputy2 06-12-2013 10:27 AM

HM if that is the case @ 42years old I am really not looking forward to getting older I have been misplacing stuff for years I am guessing when I go my daughters are going to find a bunch of useless stuff
& whenever missing stuff check pockets & behind the couch I wounder if ONstar could help find it LOL

BruceBruce1959 06-12-2013 10:32 AM

You're not alone, those forgetful memory moments affect all of us, this is for "what's-his-name"... LOL

Two very elderly ladies were enjoying the sunshine on a park bench in Miami. They had been meeting at that park every sunny day for over 12 years… chatting, and enjoying each other’s friendship.

One day, the younger of the two ladies, turns to the other and says, “Please don't be angry with me, dear, but I am embarrassed, after all these years. What is your name? I am trying to remember, but I just can’t.”

The older friend stares at her, looking very distressed, says nothing for two full minutes, and finally with tearful eyes, says, “How soon do you have to know?”

tator 06-12-2013 11:35 AM

haha good one BB! At 32 I sometimes forget stuff too. I have a way of putting things in the right place though... then when someone moves it (wife or kids) it aggravates me to no end.

gfdeputy2 06-12-2013 12:31 PM

just admit you are getting old & DON'T BLAME IT ON THE WIFE & KIDS
you rotten old Tator LOL

Hunting Man 06-12-2013 01:56 PM

One good thing that came up in my hunt, found my good flashlight that's like 200 lumens. Thought I'd lost it :whistling:

spiker 06-12-2013 05:16 PM

Its almost like a new gift when u misplace things and find em again.Same here HM on the flashlight. I found a light i thought i lost in my turkey vest pocket,however i bought a new surefire flashlight for 75$ cuz i thought it was gone.Still got excited though when i found it:wacko:

Hellbilly 06-12-2013 11:44 PM

my misplaced things come from the wife. Ill put something in a place I know were it is and I will find it.then she decides to mess with my stuff and something always goes to that place in the house that I don't know were it is and she cant remember were it is. Also about cocking xbow by hand. don't trust it if you sited it in that way.You cant pull it back and center string every time by hand. lesson learned.

tator 06-13-2013 11:18 PM

What were we talking about again?