Full plate? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:49 AM

Default Full plate?

Missing a little bit of time here on the DHC. My daughters 1st fight is this coming weekend and I've been designated as the football teams field restorator and I have to grade, level, hydro seed and have grass fully regrown by Aug 1st...Then just before the season starts were going to Kansas City for the Ringside World Championships and my daughter is in it..Oh, I still work 40+ hrs and the boss is rushing to get his work set for the Hoka Hey party, Business anniversary party and the 4th of July fireworks party............whew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 01:01 PM

Tg you need to just clone yourself then your plate would only be 1/2 full. Father/daughter time precious!!!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:56 PM

Wow definitely a busy man for sure. Best wishes to your daughter for a safe & successful bout. I hope we get to see a video of her 1st. fight.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:43 PM
B&C 180 Class

I hear you TG,, I have a full plate this summer as well. Most of my work needs to be done on/around the house. My wife and I have decided we are wanting to build a new house sooner than later. SO, in preparation for the eventual big move, we are trying to fix our current house up to get max $ out of it.
Good luck to you and all your jobs!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:37 AM

Good Luck on her fight
I am just starting on my busy time home projects, Kids sports, but most of all getting ready for bow season of course that comes after all my chores (put that in incase my wife reads this)

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 06-03-2013, 10:00 PM

I finally cracked and allowed my wife to start mowing the lawn. I'm usually very picky about mowing it and with the time constraints I just get used to seeing crooked lines and missed spots lol...she's getting better though
Old 06-04-2013, 05:27 AM

TG I know how you feel I am the same way
My wife thinks she needs to have the rider going full throttle & mows like she is drunk

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 AM

That's one thing I don't let anyone do is mow the grass. I like it to look perfect... probably a lot of us have a bit of Gump in us Now I don't mind help for laundry, dishes, floors, washing the dogs ect ect. I even have a big deck painting project next week
Old 06-04-2013, 09:58 PM
B&C 180 Class

I'm a yard nut. I live out in the country, but I still want my yard to look nice. I think it's a guy thing... I like the even lines the mower makes and I rotate directions each time I mow so that it makes a grid pattern. Just looks nicer I guess. Plus, I mow so that when I'm done all the dead grass is in one area, not all spread out. This means I have to mow more often, but I hate dead grass.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:06 PM

Finally getting some computer time. How's everybody doing here....Still been busy as heck...football field has grass coming up nice already...daughter had a tough loss in her first fight and were getting ready for KC.....Anybody in the WNY area want to see great firewooks and a 30ft bonfire Wolfs Run is the place to be on July 6th. We been hustling our butts off in preparation for this and I have met many new friends from across the country and they are the toughest people around to do the cross country motorcycle race.