Frontline for humans ! - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Frontline for humans !

With spring turkey n morel mushrooms all this time in the woods during the spring makes me wish frontline for dogs n cat would work on people too!! I'd be all for putting on a 3 month treatment at once n not fool with tic sprays every time I hit the woods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 AM

that would be nice

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-30-2013, 02:37 PM
B&C 120 Class

Boy you aren't kiddin' that would be nice. I've been using Sawyer's Permathrin, seems to work well, they claim it will remain effective through 6 washings. The worst tick story I've heard, I have a young friend who hunts a half mile from me in South Illinois, spring turkey season of 2011 he came in from hunting and started feeling weak and disoriented, fell down but had the presence of mind to call 911. They rushed him to the closest hospital 20 miles away, doctors couldn't determine his illness and were actually losing him. They had him evacuated by air to a big hospital in St. Louis and their closest guess was something tick related but they lacked the expertise to treat him. They called in a lady doctor who is supposedly the leading doctor in the country in tick related afflictions and she was able to correctly identify the type of tick fever that he had. She said the incidence of this particular tick infection was roughly 1 in about a million. Anyway, she was able to save him. As he was telling me this story, he said the most informative fact he learned about his ordeal was that a 40 minute helo ride to St. Louis cost $27,000 dollars!!! Thank goodness for medical insurance!! Sorry for the length of this story, I thought it was worth sharing.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:19 AM
B&C 180 Class

Ticks, Wasps, Bees, Mosquitos

In that order.... I hate them absurdly strong.

When find a tick on me it's like my entire body itches and I can't stop until I know there are none on me. Had one crawling on my face last night while I was planting green beans in the garden. I had a bad experience with ticks before though. When I was about 17 or so I was helping some buddies haul and stack small hay bales and there was a storm coming in quickly- plus it was getting late. We had a trailer full of bales and ended up with no place to put them. The only place was this old house that sits on the property of my buddy's. We started chucking the bales through a broken out window and the rain started coming down. I accidentally stepped right into a NEST of ticks and didn't know it. With the rain coming down and the sweat rolling in the heat of the evening, I didn't feel them. I bet I had 100+ on me and I didn't realize it until I hopped in the truck. They were all over my legs and especially in the small of my back. I remember having to pry them off my jeans kinda like you would cockaburrs. Great.... now I'm itching
Old 05-03-2013, 11:37 AM

I hate ticks! PA is full of them. Normal walk results 5-10 of the little critters on me. The little red butts those are bad boys.