Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   good deed (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/11466-good-deed.html)

Hellbilly 04-26-2013 08:33 PM

good deed

My wife told me the other day about one of her co workers that is raising her own kids along with her dead brothers kids. The brothers boy has heart problems and a blood disorder.anyway befor his dad died he bought him a 3D deer target and was gonna teach him to bow hunt. Telling me how she works 2 jobs trying to keep things togeather and such. The boys Bday was thur. and all he wanted was a bow.They could not afford to get him one.He also shoots everyday with a fiberglass rod with a string tied to it. So today I sent a text to a friend on a hunting forum.He is one of the guys that works for tinks and hunts for a living. Anyway to make a long story short.after several emails he calls me.A boy company stopped production when there owner heard about this and started a custom build and will be working overtime tonite to have it ready for them to drive it to tampa to my friend.then I will meet him on sunday to pick up bow and take it to the boy on monday

BruceBruce1959 04-27-2013 06:27 AM

very touching story kind of gets a man all teary eyed and puts a lump in the throat for sure.
God Bless the folks who are donating the Bow and God Bless the family too and God Bless you too HellBilly for making it happen.... :thumbup:

gfdeputy2 04-29-2013 05:42 AM

Thats touching Your a good Man HellBilly

Scorpion8 04-29-2013 09:50 AM

Great story! Thanks. Good deeds are worth it.

Hellbilly 04-29-2013 09:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
got the bow on sunday. Planned to give it to the kid today,put he wasnt feeling well. Will have to wait a few days until he is felling better

daddus1 04-30-2013 02:11 PM

Hbilly,
Good job! You are the definition of a follower of Jesus, most of the rest of us are believers.
Maybe you can graduate to Heckbilly? lol
daddus
God will honor you.

Hunting Man 04-30-2013 04:54 PM

HB, good job man! You will receive, in many ways, unfounded rewards for this. You made one boy happy beyond his wildest imagine. Congrats! :photo:

Thanks for sharing!

deerless 05-01-2013 02:44 PM

This is a great post it is nice to see someone helping others that truly need it....nice job Hellbilly

Hellbilly 05-01-2013 07:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK, today was the day. He was so shocked he didnt say hardly anything except a bunch of smiles. Later on his mom called and said he hasnt shut up about the bow yet.Wouldnt let anybody else hold it. Stopped up a jerrys Archery on the way up and seen Shane. He gave a drop away rest and installed the loop. He also said for the young guy to bring it to him when ready to get it set up and he would me more than glad to help him out. Lots of great people out there willing to help out a young guy.

gfdeputy2 05-02-2013 05:44 AM

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: