Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   7 year old gets a lesson on LIFE (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/10430-7-year-old-gets-lesson-life.html)

tator 01-31-2013 09:17 AM

7 year old gets a lesson on LIFE

maybe the little turd won't steal ever again. Here we go again, parents sticking up for their children because they are buddy-buddy.

7-Year-Old Handcuffed Over $5, Says Suit | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

OneShotOneKill 02-26-2013 10:53 PM

the school should handle this not the police... waste of resources if you ask me... the police have more important things to deal with than 7 year old scuffles over lunch money... come on....

tator 03-04-2013 09:56 AM

your opinion

Hunting Man 03-04-2013 10:30 AM

need to know all the facts. School should have called the parent had him removed from school then figure out suitable actions. I think 2 hours after school for 5 days, sitting by themselves doing homework might have been appropriate. You might have had the other parents that their child lost the 5 bucks sued the school for millions too! :whistling:

BruceBruce1959 03-05-2013 07:56 AM

No police needed, no after school detentions needed, no scolding's, none of that is needed, I got a belt and 3 minutes that says that boy wont ever repeat this again and I'd have his butt back in class the next day Learning, like little 7 year olds should be doing in school!!!

I'd also like to add the boy doesn't seem the least bit scared, upset or traumatized because he's been handcuffed, if these kids were getting some guidance or discipline at home this sort of stuff wouldn't be happening while they're away from home.

gfdeputy2 03-05-2013 09:55 AM

with ya 100% on this one Bruce

tator 03-05-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 (Post 77577)
No police needed, no after school detentions needed, no scolding's, none of that is needed, I got a belt and 3 minutes that says that boy wont ever repeat this again and I'd have his butt back in class the next day Learning, like little 7 year olds should be doing in school!!!

I'd also like to add the boy doesn't seem the least bit scared, upset or traumatized because he's been handcuffed, if these kids were getting some guidance or discipline at home this sort of stuff wouldn't be happening while they're away from home.

That's the point BB-- this kid's not getting that type of punishment at home. Honestly, I know there are some school systems out there that do not make wise decisions,, BUT generally, the schools do make the correct decisions even if parents and community don't agree. Sometimes there are details and circumstances that schools can not disclose. Thus, the reason why Billy may have gotten a detention and why this kid got the police called on him. You can not treat all children the same when it comes to punishment. Some are repeat offenders some it's their first time. In my eyes, this kid had been testing the waters and the school had had enough. It was the last straw. This was the school's way of saying "OK PARENTS DO YOUR JOB NOW", but as you can tell it didn't work. The parents are sticking up for the kid and no lesson was learned. Honestly HM, detentions do not work. Kids this day and age don't care about staying after school. They don't have the same concept of time as you and I do. They do much more thorough thinking before committing the crime. They consider what the outcome will be, and they weigh the punishment. If they get attention and popularity from it, then a week's of detentions is worth it. Plus, if they know all it will do is make mom and dad pissed off at the school, it's a double win. Kids aren't afraid anymore of detentions and what your parents are going to do to you when you come home late. Now days, parents are ready and willing to fully believe their child's side of any story (no matter how crazy it is) and defend them to the point that their child actually feels praise for doing it. PLUS, let's not even mention this is how many children get ATTENTION from their parents. It's positive because the parents are fighting for them and they are not getting in trouble - whereas if the child did nothing at school, the parent would go right on doing whatever they wanted to do ignoring the kid.

this is a crazy world we live in these days. The good thing is this- I can assure all of you, that if this situation happened to every pre-teen boy in America who was being a horses-you-know what, the problem would be fixed. This kid is an exception. I guess now we can rest our heads assured....

tomlightfield 03-05-2013 12:19 PM

Although I can't "condemn" anyone's opinion on how to handle kids, because not every method is the correct one for each particular child, I have to go with Tator's post. Bruce ,Dep, HM I always respect what you guys have to say, but in this instance I have to listen to the guy(Tator) who works and deals with kids on a daily basis. My wife and I have basically raised our 5 year old grand daughter and I really fight with myself as to whether or not I'm doing right by her in the discipline/reward/support etc. scenario. Just my 2 cents.
PS: On a lighter note, almost time to apply for deer tags again!!! Hope you guys are all OK, haven't been here for a while.

Hunting Man 03-05-2013 02:43 PM

Tator, I know I'm getting old and that's what I drew on when I posted the detention time as that was a mortal wound in my time. It said you were either a trouble maker or a dummy either way it was nasty. There is no question, parents today are loosing the ability to parent. Liberalism has ensured that future kids will have no clue what proper social actions are necessary. In my day, you got a paddle at school then a second one when dad got home, you learned quickly not to be a repeat offender. I too put all the responsibility on the parents! The morality of our country is quickly going down the drain. Our current white house occupier certainly has had much to do with the rapid decline of our treasured values. Stealing as a child certainly could lead to a failed adult life later. I am saddened by all that I see anymore!