Gun Control - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:03 PM

Default Gun Control

What better subject to discuss. I would like to know what your thoughts are. You might be surprised at what we get.
For me.
I do support additional permit license to own a fully auto-matic firearm.
I do not support an assault rifle ban
I do support the right to bare arms.
I do support a short background check, to protect against the criminals and mentally ill from getting firearms. I know they do anyway but....
I do not support a limit on magazine capacity
I do not support mandated registration for family gifts, hand me downs
I do not support any government bullet identification mandates
I do not support any additional taxes on firearms or ammunition
I have probably missed something, but lets hear what you all think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 05:16 PM
B&C 160 Class

X2 Hm but also I DO NOT THE SUPPROT THE BACKGROUND CHK ON AMMO! These rules are just headline grabbers that punish the innocent.Do these idiots really believe im not gonna let my daughter shoot her 22 cuz it holds more than 7 rnds in Ny.Mark my words they just created the worse BLACK MARKET ever on firearms and ammo.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:29 PM

If everybody that owned any type of firearm would always keep it in a very secure gun safe along with the adequate trigger locks I believe that there wouldn't be cases of screwballs gaining possession. The key words are lock and key lock and key lock and key. I'm a simple minded no brainer but I always have the sense to keep things locked up tighter than Fort Knox......or pretty darn close.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:54 AM

I agree with all of you I may even support schools having a yearly psychological test of students & staff weed out the wakos when they are young (should have said Help them)
& I think psychologists should be protected in breach of patient confidentiality if they think a person is a danger to the public

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 01-18-2013, 08:08 AM

I heard yesterday that Obama signed legislation that allows doctors to ask about guns in the home then report the person as a threat to authorities if he/she thinks they might be one which gives immediate confiscation rights to those authorities. Very slippery slope we are sliding on. My gut tells me law abiding people are going hear their doors crashed in late at night whether or not there was a crime committed as the president steps up enforcement policies. It's always the law abiding that are harmed the most by the government they elect. Strange to me but history says so. We'll see how this all plays out. TG, I agree with you especially when little ones are around.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
What better subject to discuss. I would like to know what your thoughts are. You might be surprised at what we get.
For me.
I do support additional permit license to own a fully auto-matic firearm. I Agree
I do not support an assault rifle ban I Agree
I do support the right to bare arms. I Agree
I do support a short background check, to protect against the criminals and mentally ill from getting firearms. I know they do anyway but.... I Agree
I do not support a limit on magazine capacity I don't either
I do not support mandated registration for family gifts, hand me downs I Don't either
I do not support any government bullet identification mandates I don't either
I do not support any additional taxes on firearms or ammunitionI Don't either
I have probably missed something, but lets hear what you all think!
Further, I fully support individual state, Concealed Carry Laws but I would rather have a National Concealed Carry Blanket policy.

I do NOT support Gun Free Zones, when a law/ordinance forces anyone to leave their weapon behind those people become unprotected targets.

I would also fully support armed guards in schools even armed teachers but only after they've completed extended Safety courses with hands on, on range shooting demonstrations.

I would also like to see Federal "Life Carry" permits issued to past present and future, Honorably Discharged Military Veterans, without restrictions,
The Government allows us to use Weapons during our times of service but restrict our use as private citizens after they're finished with us.

That's my position......

Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
& I think psychologists should be protected in breach of patient confidentiality if they think a person is a danger to the public

now now, GFD, the liberals want EVERYONE treated the same. We can't have the psychos labeled because labeling is bad too. that's why the number of mental hospitals is on the sharp decline. We have to be careful and treat everyone with the same "acceptance" even if they live next to you, are mentally ill and can break into your house at any time and murder you. This is America after all!

What a load of crap.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM

I remember as a 14 year old strapping my cased shot gun on my bike and riding down to the corn fields shooting black birds until I ran out of shells. Those were the days! Look at far we've went since then and where it ends up is anyone's guess. I would rather live next to a hunter, gun owner, than in a neighborhood full of liberals.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:47 AM
B&C 120 Class

I support meaningful efforts that would reduce crimes such as those mass-killings. I do not support additional panic laws that won't do anything useful, such as a high capacity magazine ban. There are millions of these out there, with no dates of manufacture or serial numbers, so banning them will do nothing to reduce crime except turn millions of law abiding citizens into paper criminals when they refuse to give theirs up.

The big skeleton in the closet is that each mass killer was on some sort of anti-depressent, and yet no one is linking these events to any pharmacological issue with our over-medicated society. There's too much money from the major drug and pill houses at stake.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:23 PM
B&C 160 Class

I just wish the OBAMAS,CUOMOS,and the rest of these politicians that pass these bills like a thief in the night would understand the 2nd AMENDMENT.Its for us to defend ourselves from people like them. It exists to protect from tyrannical government.You know like whats happening now.I think sometimes you gotta be careful what you wish for.