Bad Day - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 PM

Default Bad Day

TG had a bad day starting this am..was going to call in sick but went in late and toughed it out only to have this happen. A brand new heavy duty hitch was installed on a truck in the summer time and only a few times we used it for hauling and today the hitch decided to give. After an examination of it there was a hollow area in the middle of the steel compromising the strength and the company that installed it sent a guy out later on in the day and was confirmed defective. Just my luck, just glad nobody was in the oncoming lane and my dukes of hazard driving skills kept the truck on the road while the trailer and skytrak went on a doozy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Scrub Buck

Default bad

this is bad!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:49 AM

wow TG, just glad nobody was hurt! Close call buddy.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:00 AM

Wow thank God you're safe and nobody was hurt.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 AM
B&C 180 Class

holy cow- that is freakin' bad! Glad you're ok and it's not your fault!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:42 AM

Wow glad your OK

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 12-20-2012, 04:24 PM

Talked with the insurance guy and the company installation guy and they were impressed how I saved the truck but even though I am at at no fault I still feel like it is a bad impression on me because all drivers are responsible for the safe operation/control of their vehicle as a normal class D license holder. Class A drivers are held to a higher standard due to the magnatude of vehicles/equipment being used. Every trip I take I do all I can to make certain everything is safe to the best of my ability........I just keep thinking what if there was a car in the oncoming lane when that trailer went into that lane....little kids, new parents, gramma n grampa etc, school bus. It weighs on me the more I think about it especially arounf this time of year.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:01 PM

TG, The best part to think about is nobody got hurt! You had to have been on a wild ride for a couple of seconds there. Fate comes in strange ways, it just happen to be on your side! I would have had to change my underwear at some point. Just glad to know you are ok!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost View Post
Talked with the insurance guy and the company installation guy and they were impressed how I saved the truck but even though I am at at no fault I still feel like it is a bad impression on me because all drivers are responsible for the safe operation/control of their vehicle as a normal class D license holder. Class A drivers are held to a higher standard due to the magnatude of vehicles/equipment being used. Every trip I take I do all I can to make certain everything is safe to the best of my ability........I just keep thinking what if there was a car in the oncoming lane when that trailer went into that lane....little kids, new parents, gramma n grampa etc, school bus. It weighs on me the more I think about it especially arounf this time of year.
Im with ya bro. I hauled heavy equiptment for the compant I worked for for 10 years. Had a few close calls,but never nothing like that. The worse one was some old lady pulled out in front of me.And I was double loaded. all I could think of was about the loader I was haulin was coming thru the back of the cab. But by GODS great grace,cuz I dont know how I did it. I kept from running over the old lady,was in both lanes and when I got it stopped I was facing the way I was coming from in the ditch on the oppisite side. And NO body got hurt. And the old lady just kept on down the road
Old 12-22-2012, 12:04 AM
B&C 120 Class

Ya, that is definitely a bad day. Glad no one got hurt.