another surgery - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:33 PM

I'll 2nd that HB, hang in there! With another surgery you have to be a bit down in the dumps. There are days that pain drives me mad and then I get a couple good days, I guess that's as good as it gets. Good luck HB, I hope whatever course of action you take works out for you. I will be seeing my pain management dr to see if he will do a series of nerve blocks in my neck. They start out with temporary blocks to see which area works then do a permanent injection block. These shots are to stop the radiating pain down the shoulders chest and upper arm. The neat thing is these are not the giant nerve bundles that go to your fingers and toes but more surface nerves. That's all I know right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 05:14 AM
B&C 160 Class

Hellbilly im goin thru the same thing with my right elbow.Ive had 2 cortisone shoys that didnt do much and somedays i cant extend my arm.Tried Pt which made it worse so im going to c surgeon on 6/5 to be evaluated.Its golfers elbow brought on from throwing garbage everyday.Should ve went to college but my elbow has let me forget about my screwed up neck.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:37 AM

HB Good luck & sorry to hear the elbow is still not good Spiker good thing My wife doesn't read these posts! She is a PT I have to say I usually don't let her work on me cause man does she put me through some pain but I got to say when she is done I do feel a ton better quicker just have a hard time when she is working on me I have a low tolerance to pain

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM

I just want to say best wishes to everyone during your struggles with the pains, the surgeries,
the sicknesses and all them other pain causing afflictions. You folks are always on our "Get Well Soon" list.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:40 AM

PT also hurt me more than helped. Spiker hopefully improvement is on the horizon. I went 52 years without a single stitch now I'm looking like "son of frankenstein" This last surgery is taking it's good old time healing. Good luck to all having surgery and hopefully pain relief takes place! I don't remember who said "war is hell" but they should have included "getting old sucks".
Old 04-23-2013, 02:54 PM
B&C 120 Class

That's for sure HM. I remember when I was 20 something and some older guy told me "When ya' got your health ya' got everything!" Of course when you're 20--- you never gave stuff like that a thought, but it sure as hell catches up in a hurry. To all you guys with medical issues going on, speedy recoveries to you!!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
I'll 2nd that HB, hang in there! With another surgery you have to be a bit down in the dumps. There are days that pain drives me mad and then I get a couple good days, I guess that's as good as it gets. Good luck HB, I hope whatever course of action you take works out for you. I will be seeing my pain management dr to see if he will do a series of nerve blocks in my neck. They start out with temporary blocks to see which area works then do a permanent injection block. These shots are to stop the radiating pain down the shoulders chest and upper arm. The neat thing is these are not the giant nerve bundles that go to your fingers and toes but more surface nerves. That's all I know right now.
"you have to be a bit down in the dumps" You aint kiddin about that. between my back and my arm Im going abit somedays I dont know what to do and have had some bad thoughts when it hurts so bad I think Im gonna loose it
Old 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
"you have to be a bit down in the dumps" You aint kiddin about that. between my back and my arm Im going abit somedays I dont know what to do and have had some bad thoughts when it hurts so bad I think Im gonna loose it
Jim Beam Black! Great Nitecap Painkiller Hellbilly it ll knock the edge back!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:20 PM

HB, bad thoughts are just that, they will pass!. When I lay on the couch packed in ice, with pain tears flowing I think how nice it would be without pain. Bad thoughts happen to all of us, it's normal. The thing is I believe better things are in store for all of us, the bad thoughts pass as the pain level comes down. Besides we all have a few more hunts left in us. If you want to talk to someone give me a private post and # i'll be happy to call/talk anytime on me. I'm sure all of our good friends here would be happy to do the same. Don't think too much on the bad thoughts they'll pass, trust me! HM
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
HB, bad thoughts are just that, they will pass!. When I lay on the couch packed in ice, with pain tears flowing I think how nice it would be without pain. Bad thoughts happen to all of us, it's normal. The thing is I believe better things are in store for all of us, the bad thoughts pass as the pain level comes down. Besides we all have a few more hunts left in us. If you want to talk to someone give me a private post and # i'll be happy to call/talk anytime on me. I'm sure all of our good friends here would be happy to do the same. Don't think too much on the bad thoughts they'll pass, trust me! HM
HM, thanks for the PM and letting me know I aint the only one out there going thru this. I know thoughts or just that,Id never act on them. Thing is there seems to be more " pain tears flowing" these days than not. just having a pity party for myself