Craigslist - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:35 AM
B&C 180 Class

Default Craigslist

Ladies and Gentlemen-

PLEASE be careful using craigslist when selling anything of substantial value or size. I have been trying to sell a 2002 Dodge Durango for about 2 months now. I cannot tell you how many times I've been contacted by supposed "military" wanting to buy it using paypal and how they can't come themselves to get it b/c they are on active duty but they want to buy it anyways without seeing it and they are going to send a driver to pick it up. This is a SCAM. DO NOT accept paypal as an option. What alot of people don't know is that on paypal you (the SELLER) select the option to pay using their service. The scammers want your paypal email or user name. Somehow they are trying to get that information from you and then going to try to hack your password.

ONLY accept cash. ONLY accept CASH! I also have put in big bold letters on my ad that I will be requiring a signature from the buyer for "receipt" purposes and I also state that my bank wants that. I have gotten less emails about the Durango after doing this, but at least the people that inquire now are legitimate.

ALSO- the other thing I noticed is that when these "scumbags" email you, their first email will be from one name and then after your reply their second email will be from a completely different name.

Just a heads up, PLEASE learn from this and DO NOT accept checks, money orders, paypal or ANY type of wire transfers. YOU WILL GET SCAMMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CASH ONLY!
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 08:51 AM

Don't ya just love it Tator
have had many of these E-mails also & FYI you don't hve to be selling items just of substantial value or size.
I have recieved these E-mails almost every time I would list something
why I just use ebay yeah it costs a little but NO scamming (or very little)

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 10-24-2012, 10:21 AM

How about the replies that say: I'm not purchasing your item but want to meet you! I say get a life.... Craig's list can be a headache. I have a Sony 60" tv on there right now and way to many loosers calling. I also think some may be waiting to rob you, so be careful!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 PM

What I really hate is when you state NO TRADES in 72 font bold underlined ect... & you still get 100 emails wanting to trade for something worth a 1/16 the price

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 10-24-2012, 02:25 PM
B&C 180 Class

I hear you guys,, ebay ticked me off after my last sale I made so I'm protesting (aka pouting) haha

60 inch tv? Would you trade it for a 47 inch? JOKING

Heck HM, my wife and I just bought a 60incher last Christmas, it's an LG and plasma. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 PM

Hi guys, my name is Rico from Finland, I'd like to buy all your stuff using your own bank accounts....and I would like to use PayPal as well....Sorry just had to do it. Tator, thanks for the advice and sorry to hear that you are getting jerked around by those idiots.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:59 AM
B&C 180 Class

Maybe i'm wrong for thinking this,,, but I believe if you are ignorant enough to screw around with other people's money in a scamming-way then you should be put away for life. It's a cancer. once those people do it once, they continue. Heck, there are businesses out there meant SOLELY for scamming people. Seriously, what is our world coming to? Maybe I'm being too harsh--- but to put people through that stress and that absolute heartache that their identity or money is stolen is NOT RIGHT.

I bet Obama would protect them...
Old 10-25-2012, 11:39 AM

Theft is theft, catch them and put them in jail.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:37 AM

I agree HM

Steven Wright
Old 10-26-2012, 10:09 AM
B&C 120 Class

It's really sad because Craigslist and freecycle have the chance to do so much good for so many people, and yet even ads that I put up here in this remote corner of the world get spammed by jerks. Would I ship a used woodstove to somebody, sight unseen? Really? REALLY? Come on ....