Hunting Man's work here is done. - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:40 AM

Default Hunting Man's work here is done.

As all of you know the DHC has been sold. It appears that the new owners are a giant Canadian conglomerate that simply purchases web based sites. We have tried to get answers from them but to no avail as to who they are and what they stand for. I do not have that FAMILY feeling any longer thus I have no desire to be involved with the corporate scene. DHC was already a great hunting forum when I joined and subsequently asked to become a moderator. Since that time I have forged many on-line friends that I wished I could have shared a campfire or a hunt with. I hope that I have fulfilled my duties, as a moderator, to you the member's satisfaction. I always tried to give great latitude even when things got a bit warm. It's been fun and maybe down the road our paths will cross again. I'll probably check in from time to time, maybe even try to offer some oldie experience to a discussion. I would appreciate talking/checking in with you and can be reached at Morse2072@aol.com. 419-698-1643. Thanks for all your friendships, be safe outdoors, teach your children to hunt and fish, happy hunting to all! Darrell "Hunting Man" Morse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 09:19 AM

Well this has turned into an extremely sad day for all of us here at the DHC.
In trying to deal with the transition from one owner to another now we're losing one of DHC's finest members
but I understand why and I fully support his decision to do so and if we don't start getting some answers from the new owners
I will stepping down along with huntingman.

Huntingman it's been a great journey that will not end here for us. Somehow we will always remain great friends
and I know we will stay in touch and continue to share hunting stories and old timer tips.
I've learned a lot from you and I want to personally thank you for always standing with me when I needed your support.
Happy Safe hunting Always & Best Wishes to you and your family.

Your Friend in Vermont,

Bruce

Braym22405@aol.com Please stay in touch

Old 09-15-2012, 09:58 AM

!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:59 AM
B&C 140 Class

Huntingman, you've been a great moderator, teacher and hunting buddy for all of us at DHC. Yes, we did "get into it" from time to time, but you have always been a gentleman and a person who was honest and sincere about his beliefs. There's always a place reserved for you in my camp. Thanks for all your work. Good hunting in the future.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:53 AM

onehorse, never do I allow political differences to block a great friendship. I have always enjoyed our discussions and highly appreciated your valued contributions to the site. Likewise, anytime you might get to the midwest drop me a line, dinner will be on me and we'll swap stories.Thanks!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:20 PM
B&C 160 Class

Hm i agree and was having these same thoughts a couple of days ago.It has lost that family feeling.While we all didnt agree i always felt it was like the boys having a couple of beers and bs ing around the fire.That feeling is gone and im gonna depart the site too.I felt you & bruce did a great job and ive made some friends here.Anyway thats all.

Last edited by spiker; 09-15-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:50 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
onehorse, never do I allow political differences to block a great friendship. I have always enjoyed our discussions and highly appreciated your valued contributions to the site. Likewise, anytime you might get to the midwest drop me a line, dinner will be on me and we'll swap stories.Thanks!
Well, one thing we always agreed on was that Remington 700 Mountain Rifle and the highly overlooked .280 Rem. You are a class act for sure!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:23 PM
B&C 120 Class

Being a moderator on another site, I understand too. But I would also like to know, as a member, what questions you have for the new owners that aren't getting any answers? Anything that would affect the members in general, or are you prohobited from discussing?

Best wishes otherwise. Happy trails and good tracking.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Scrub Buck

I have just joined and also wonder the future holds for this board.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:29 PM

The moderators requested basic answers from the new owners as to who they are, what their stance on the right to bare arms is and their overall position on hunting. We did not receive responses to our questions and after some internet checking I didn't care for who they are period. I hope the club stays intact and all members are happy with the new owners. I simply chose to bow out. I hope to stay in contact with many of my on-line friends regardless of my not moderating here.