Hunting Man's work here is done. - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Campfire
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:52 PM
B&C 140 Class

Well I hate to see anyone go, I feel it's not the owner that makes or breaks a site it's the members of it that makes it thrive in the first place. Although mark was great, he had to put family first, I don't feel we who make it what it is should just throw in the towel. So what if the new owners don't conversate as long as they keep up the maintaince. And we still have our club, I will continue to be a member till its not here !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 11:11 PM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
The moderators requested basic answers from the new owners as to who they are, what their stance on the right to bare arms is and their overall position on hunting. We did not receive responses to our questions and after some internet checking I didn't care for who they are period.
As a moderator who is not an owner of the site that I moderate, I guess that those are either questions the owner should have had answered before he sold it, or else it's just between the buyer and seller and you're left with voting with your feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_fly View Post
Well I hate to see anyone go, I feel it's not the owner that makes or breaks a site it's the members of it that makes it thrive in the first place.
It is the members who make a site, not the owners. The members contribute the information and the conversation, which is what makes a site useful and valid. I also hate to see anyone go. I doubt somebody bought the site just to shut it down, but you never truly know.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:21 AM

HM I inderstand & wish you the best it has been a great 4 years on here & will try to continue to make new friends on here.
I agree OTF it is up to the members to make or break this site
HM again Good Luck it has been a fun ride
gfdeputy2@yahoo.com

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 09-18-2012, 11:20 AM
B&C 180 Class

Glad to have gotten to know you HM. I appreciate you letting me tease you over the past couple years. Even if you didn't get half the jokes I told on you. HAHA ZIIING-

I too am very sad that DHC will no longer be "like it was". I think this site is a great tool for new and old hunters to use. Everyone has something unique to offer and I really enjoy how people in the NE do things and down south, and way up north. It helps me as a hunter to become better.

HM- please keep in touch man, I wish you the best and GO KILL YOU A BIG ONE THIS YEAR!

tay44lor@gmail.com
Ryan Taylor
Old 09-18-2012, 10:08 PM

Yo HM. Just read through your posts here and in the mod forum. I will contact the guys I dealt with and see what I can find out.

on the fly's statement is accurate from what I can tell so far. We make up the site. They maintain it and update it as needed. They are not going to shut it down. (why buy something and then trash it?) I did not and still do not see them changing things here.

Yes it is a Canadian owned company. Yes they do own a ton of other sites. All that I saw where outdoor based or car based forums. As long as they basically leave us alone unless we need them then I have no issues. I will see what type of answers I can get.

Thanks

Mark
Old 09-19-2012, 06:47 AM
B&C 160 Class

Don't feel bad HM . I sent Helena a Welcome to the Club message and got no response Maybe they are the quite type
Its been fun HM