Deer Hunting Forums banner

To hunt with, or to not hunt with??

8K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  lxsalvationlx 
#1 ·
So I found a bow I absolutely am in love with.. The Heartbreaker Razzberry by Bowtech... Is it such a bad idea to hunt with a bright pink bow?? Help!

#5 ·
I totally agree, a bright Pink bow isn't anything that's going to harm a hunt, I only suggested the Camo wrap to help the hunter blend in with the surroundings a little better but realistically a bright pink Bow is fine. :thumbup:

#6 ·
It's not that deer don't care about the blaze orange, it's because they are color blind and can not see most colors. That's why they get around so well in the dark and relie on their nose 90% of the time. I'm like some of the others only thing the pink bow is gonna do is point your self out in a tree to other hunters and turkey. Hunt out of a ground blind and even care less. Most of the time I don't even were camo in a blind just a black shirt. I'd say get your bow and go !

#7 ·
Deer do see orange as bright white and draws their attention. However, up in a tree stand with good cover, I'd shoot whatever you want to. If pink is your game then go with it. It won't take many events to know if the color is a distraction to deer or not. If all you are seeing are flags waving goodby then you know what to do.

#8 ·
There's an article in the hunting tips section that I wrote about, how whitetail deer see us, the hunters in the woods.
according to the experts, Deer can only see 2 colors (Blue and Yellow) every other color to them is a shade of white, black or gray.
I wrote the article because there's always questions about camo colors/patterns and colors and a lot of hunters worry about getting busted
by wearing Hunter Orange but it isn't the color that's busting them, that's usually caused by scent, movement or noise.

#11 ·
I had this same problem when I was bow shopping at first. Then I realized it wasn't about the color, but the quality of the bow. Where I am, I couldn't get a pink bow of good quality or that I was comfortable with, so I got a camo Sidekick. However, if that pink bow is of good quality, fits you, and you feel comfortable with it, go for it. Like everyone else says....deer walk through to woods and see blaze orange on us, pink property line markers, yellow NO TRESPASSING signs....they won't pay any attention. Go for it!! Represent! :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.