Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Bow Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/)
-   -   To hunt with, or to not hunt with?? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/9550-hunt-not-hunt.html)

SouthernChic 05-03-2012 06:57 PM

To hunt with, or to not hunt with??

So I found a bow I absolutely am in love with.. The Heartbreaker Razzberry by Bowtech... Is it such a bad idea to hunt with a bright pink bow?? Help!

Hellbilly 05-03-2012 07:59 PM

have it camo dipped>>
HydroPrintJax

BruceBruce1959 05-04-2012 12:58 PM

pink is a little loud but you could buy a cheap camo wrap, they sell it at Wal-mart for like 2.45 a roll......

Kansasdoe 05-04-2012 09:54 PM

Deer dont care about bright orange so why would pink be different. I'd get it.

BruceBruce1959 05-05-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansasdoe (Post 69689)
Deer dont care about bright orange so why would pink be different. I'd get it.

I totally agree, a bright Pink bow isn't anything that's going to harm a hunt, I only suggested the Camo wrap to help the hunter blend in with the surroundings a little better but realistically a bright pink Bow is fine. :thumbup:

on_the_fly 05-05-2012 09:40 AM

It's not that deer don't care about the blaze orange, it's because they are color blind and can not see most colors. That's why they get around so well in the dark and relie on their nose 90% of the time. I'm like some of the others only thing the pink bow is gonna do is point your self out in a tree to other hunters and turkey. Hunt out of a ground blind and even care less. Most of the time I don't even were camo in a blind just a black shirt. I'd say get your bow and go !

Hunting Man 05-05-2012 12:19 PM

Deer do see orange as bright white and draws their attention. However, up in a tree stand with good cover, I'd shoot whatever you want to. If pink is your game then go with it. It won't take many events to know if the color is a distraction to deer or not. If all you are seeing are flags waving goodby then you know what to do.

BruceBruce1959 05-07-2012 07:13 AM

There's an article in the hunting tips section that I wrote about, how whitetail deer see us, the hunters in the woods.
according to the experts, Deer can only see 2 colors (Blue and Yellow) every other color to them is a shade of white, black or gray.
I wrote the article because there's always questions about camo colors/patterns and colors and a lot of hunters worry about getting busted
by wearing Hunter Orange but it isn't the color that's busting them, that's usually caused by scent, movement or noise.

MO.Deer.Outdoors 05-24-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernChic (Post 69664)
So I found a bow I absolutely am in love with.. The Heartbreaker Razzberry by Bowtech... Is it such a bad idea to hunt with a bright pink bow?? Help!

We gun hunt in BLAZE ORANGE vest and caps, shot several deer 50 yards or closer. More then anything when your in close to deer, movement is the key, silky smooth and quite as if your in slow motion. If your comfortable with the bow your shooting....Knock'm outa the park. Pink sounds good to me..

ridgerunnermike 08-01-2012 09:48 PM

get you that pink bow. ive shot black bows, camo bows, metallic blue bows, and metallic orange bows, and killed deer with every one of em. if you're drawn to it, thats awesome, just make sure you shoot it at the archery shop and make sure you're comfortable with it. happy hunting