Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 02-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Scrub Buck

Default bow brand help

wat brand is better for a 14 year old alot of people tell me diamond
Old 02-05-2012, 04:23 PM
B&C 120 Class

My son has a mission craze. It has alot of adjustment on it so the bow can grow with him. It goes from 19 - 30 inch draw and from 15 to 70 pounds. The mission riot is also very adjustable and shoots really good. Both are pretty affordable.

Last edited by Kansasdoe; 02-05-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Scrub Buck

i have a diamond i want to get a new one and mine can adjust to i love it but i just want one for coyote huntin do u think mines good enough
Old 02-12-2012, 02:31 PM

My son and I both shoot Diamond bows.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:44 PM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by roperboy View Post
i have a diamond i want to get a new one and mine can adjust to i love it but i just want one for coyote huntin do u think mines good enough
Maybe, there are lots of variables though. Whats your draw length? How many lbs are you drawing? ( this will determine if your bow will kill ethically) Arrow weight? Not to mention how proficient of a shooter are you? I can drill targets all day at thirty yards, but when it comes to an animal will not shoot more than 20-25 yds.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Scrub Buck

I rarely do any posting, but as a full-time bowhunting outfitter for 18 years, I've dealt with alot of bowhunters and bowhunting equipment. Let me suggest that you ask around your area and find out what Archery Bow shop has the best reputation. I would not be some much interested in the Brand as I would the advise of a good bow mechanic. He'll need a bow that fits him and that feels good to him. Don't under- estimate the importance of how a bow feels to him. Most if not all of the major brands have good solid bows which will do the job. Picking the one that fits his statue and his strength is what is most important. R.L.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:32 PM
B&C 120 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoguide View Post
I rarely do any posting, but as a full-time bowhunting outfitter for 18 years, I've dealt with alot of bowhunters and bowhunting equipment. Let me suggest that you ask around your area and find out what Archery Bow shop has the best reputation. I would not be some much interested in the Brand as I would the advise of a good bow mechanic. He'll need a bow that fits him and that feels good to him. Don't under- estimate the importance of how a bow feels to him. Most if not all of the major brands have good solid bows which will do the job. Picking the one that fits his statue and his strength is what is most important. R.L.
Yeah what he said... good advice
Old 05-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoguide View Post
This is very sound advice. The only thing I would add is that there are many "Youth" bows and most every mfg makes one. Some are more adjustable than others in the areas of Draw Weight and draw length. If the shooter is still growing and you don't want to be buying a lot of bows, pick one that feels right in the shooters hands. As an example of what I'm talking about here, My wife shoots a Bear Apprentice II this bow is adjustable in DW from 20 to 50 lbs. DL is adjustable from 23" to 30" so it will fit for a long time frame if it was a child growing like a weed. Like I said, every mfg makes at least one bow like this example. A Pro is key to getting just the right rig and set up.