back tension release - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 PM

Sights, peep and release made me a much better archer. Whatever works for you! I shot TD recurves bare for many years until the neck and shoulder gave way. I hated to give them up as they are simple, quiet and beautiful. Going to a crossbow is something I hated also, but it keeps me in the archery woods for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 09:20 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
Obviously Scribe you are an accomplished archer with many kills and i agree if it aint broke dont fix it.However every archer should develop some form of a shot sequence with the goal of his form being repeatable shot after shot.Al Henderson said is doesnt have to be right as long as its repeatable.

I agree 100%... Heck shoot the bow sideways for all I care,,, as long as you consistantly group shots. There are about 10,000 ways to shoot a bow (things you could change or add to your bow or use to shoot your bow) but only one way for you to do it yourself. My best buddy and I shoot completely different, yet we use the exact same tools to shoot with and use the same brand of bow... PSE
Old 01-12-2012, 06:46 PM
B&C 120 Class

I agree 100 also. My good friend, Byron Ferguson shoots a longbow. One day at his house, he was shooting the back yard and I picked one of his bow and got and shot a couple arrows. He allowed I was doing it all wrong but since at 25 yards I had three arrows touching, he also allowed it seemed to work okay.

What I guess I didn't make clear is this. Why go to a back tension release unless you really need to, not out of curiosity. Just try it and see.