todays adventure - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 11-01-2007, 08:19 PM
B&C 180 Class

Default todays adventure

Well i got in late drove the wife to work.i sat around till 430 when i hear leaves crunching.I see a little deer coming in from the front wind at his back he gets to 60 yards when i see its a real small spike i was gonna let him pass when all of a sudden the wind shifted he stopped in his tracks sniffed then backed out.oh well like i said was gonna let em walk anyway.well 530 rolls round i catch sight of a bruiser got to be 200lbs coming in from the side and behind wind is in his face.he goes downhill and starts to circle up towards my perch when he starts blowing. busted.i blew the grunt tube he stopped blew again used the doe can again a blow then more walking .he walked out the way he came then it was time to go.Moral of the story,all the cloths are in the machine right now and im wearing my rubber boots tomorrow.To be continued....
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky

Last edited by buckfever; 11-02-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned

I remember when I use to get bustted like that! Man, how I hate swirling winds. Good luck tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Banned

I'm glad I never have to worry about that again.

Hope it works out for you tomorrow.....good luck!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:59 AM

Ut Oh you're going to either get the deer or make the news... I wanna see the pics either way... LOL

Good Luck to ya....

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 12-02-2007 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:42 AM

Make the news, make the news, make the news. JK That bruiser is all yours man you'll get him. Go get 'em. GOOD LUCK.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:18 AM

good luck man. it stinks when the wind messes with your hunts. you got him though. we are all expecting a pic of this bruiser before end of season.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:39 PM

OH Heck yeah,,,, nothing like adding a little pressure to the POT LOL

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 12-02-2007 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:45 PM
B&C 180 Class

friday nov3 ,went back today saw 4 bucks on the walk in 1 was real nice,also saw 1with a doe.waited on stand a small 4point walked in to 20 yards but his body was real small didn't want him so i let him walk.didn't see anything else for the day.wore my rubbers boots this time.Weird thing happened while walking out in the dark.i heard something in the bushes off the clearcut i was walking.every time i stopped it would stop.i start walk it would start walking.i shined my light but didn't see no eyes or anything i threw a rock and made a few go on gets but it followed me all the way out.kinda spooky wondering if it was a yote or a lovesick buck i had doe in heat scent on my boots from the mornings walk in.took today off bad weather, gonna go in tomorrow hopefully Mr big will show up
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 11-04-2007, 09:35 PM

good luck to you again. its spooky when that stuff happens. where i hunt we got a cabin way back in the sticks. whenever im hunting and get back there with my 4wheeler lights shining through the door and windows I am always waiting on freddy or some homeless guy to come out and greet me. i had one stand back there about 400 yds up the mountain and it seemed like every time i walked to that stand i had something walking behind me. stoping and starting just like whatever that was that did it with you. i always figured it was a curious young deer because alot of times i would hear it take off through the woods and it sounded like what deer sounds like running.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:02 PM

May have been a coyote or a buck. Coys have been getting pretty brave within the last few years (in my area anyways) and bucks could also be losing their mind too, afterall the rut is all about breeding. My buddy says if you had only a couple months out of the year to get freaky you'll do whatever you can right? Could be BIGFOOT screwing around with you.