picking a bow - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 01-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Scrub Buck

At your age and size you should have zero trouble shooting 60# once you start shooting. That is about my size, and when I was your age I hunted with 84#...of course I had been shooting my whole life. Now I am 32 and I mostly hunt with 60# bows, and they are more than enough to kill any deer that ever walked. Don't know much about the Diamond bows though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Scrub Buck

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman View Post
I am 17 and 5 9' and 160 pounds, I work out periodically and am in good shape. I have been wanting to get a bow and was looking at the diamond rock, and the diamond razor edge and was wondering if the experienced archer thinks I could handle a 60lb draw weight and the rock. I really would prefer the rock, because I think the edge is used for kids. I am a first time bow hunter and was wondering if you people out there think the 60lb draw weight is enough for me to tackle? and would I be set not to upgrade if I liked bow hunting and got either the rock or razor?
no thats not enough im 14 and can pull 45lb if u only think u can pull 60lb go to a bow store and see how easy it is or hard but by this u should be able to pull a little more than that and for sure pick a diamond rock is a good choise i have one and it never fials me like a bear i bought and it broke and hit my eye

Last edited by roperboy; 02-05-2012 at 03:18 PM.