Broad heads - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 12-14-2011, 03:13 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Broad heads

I've been slinging the short G series muzzy's for a few years now and have no issues at all but as much as I don't care much for mechanical broads I'm realy thinking about these swhacker broads, I realy like that target tip flight with the smaller starter blades, I'm on the fence as about the two blade though. Any of you guys shoot or shot these's ? I need some yea's or na's to knock me off the fence to see what side I fall on I guess lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
B&C 160 Class

My buddy shot them and i wasnt impressed.If your goin to shoot mechanicals i like the grim reapers or spitfires.Better yet if them muzzy's fly true stay with them or look at slick tricks a fantastic broadhead.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:20 PM

nope I have heard people say the same as spiker not impressed
I have been shooting the rage 2 blade for 2 years now & shot 3 deer no issues 2 went less then 50 yards & one went about 75 yards (shot low & little back)
I have heard complaints about the 3 blade ones
HM is one of them

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 12-14-2011, 08:34 PM
B&C 140 Class

Two for two on Na's, I might just keep my mechanical idea just that "a passing idea" I've been shooting fixed blade broads for a long time. I tried mechanicals a time or two in the past but it's been atleast 3 or 4 years since I've tried any, guess I was getting cought up in commercial hipe. They sure make um sound sweet that's for sure but I think I might just stick with my tried n true muzzy's, thanks fellas
Old 12-15-2011, 04:35 AM

Muzzy MX-3 trusted and never been let down. Rage 3 blade = lost deer between several good archery hunters.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:23 AM

Fly
I have found that out the hard way myself. I do love the rage 2 blades have not lost a deer yet with them. I have tried other stuff because of the hype & thought this sounds better then what I have & that is all it was just sounded better have wasted a lot of money on crap that companies made to sound like you have to have it (not just hunting stuff)
if what you have works NO NEED TO CHANGE

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 12-15-2011, 11:10 AM
B&C 180 Class

MAGNUS STINGERS---- JUST try them
Old 12-15-2011, 11:33 AM
B&C 120 Class

When I had to start shooting a crossbow, I went to mechanicals. I shoot Spitfires and have not lost a deer or had to trail over unreasonable distance. It has been five years now I have had two complete misses and killed one tree. All the other shots went where I wanted tham. Ranges were from 10-32 yards. The tree was 22-yards but standing dead still.I am not 100% positive I killed the tree with a Spitfire. Either way, it did not go any distance at all. All the others either fell within sight or were easy to trail. All four this year fell within 35-yards.

I am also sure there are several out there that work just as well. Note that it completely split the tree.

Last edited by scribe; 12-15-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Scrub Buck

My boy and I both use rage and cant complain. My boy is 14 and uses a diamond razor edge with his poundage at about 50 and the last deer he shot went 30 yards. put a big ol hole in her. We have not lost a deer yet. still using them. I have thought about the swackers. I seen a test where they shot several different expandables through a 55 gallon drum and quartering shot into a piece of plywood, swackers were very impressive.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:06 PM
B&C 140 Class

Well that was the reason I was realy likening most about the swhackers was that they were so small folded up but use the small blades for the impact to open the big main blades after the first pass through, I was thinking that alone would save on loss of arrow momentum. I've never realy had any problems with pass through any ways shooting 65 n 70 lbs, but I've also had cheap stuff before that I've had issues with opening in flight. That's why I desided to go back to fixed and have been there for some time.
I was just kicking the idea of smaller and I don't think I can get any smaller than I got with fix blades leingth wise, and width I have to stay above the KY minumum width.