First bow also. - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 12-03-2011, 09:09 AM
B&C 100 Class

Default First bow also.

Along with getting my first rifle id like to get my first bow. i am not looking at higher price bows so the lowest in price would be awesome, but also want it to be good for hunting and not just a piece of junk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 09:48 AM
B&C 140 Class

Keep an eye on you local craigslist. You should be able to find a complete set up in a 2000 to 2006 model bows hunt ready, usually with case, arrows, release, every thing you would need to get you going for 2 to 300 for a good set up,
Buying used is just fine, I just bought one used I'm shooting now not long ago. Always ask if it's been dry fire'ed although I dought anyone would honestly tell you, pay close attintion to the limbs exspecualy around the cam's for hair line cracks, pay attintion to the string and the serving on the string, if it's fray'ed bad but you like the bow you may just talk them down on price and take it to your bow shop and have it restrung. Any if you have never had a bow before it would be wise to go to your local shop and get your correct draw leinght, that is sooo importaint for proper fourm, anchor point,
Old 12-03-2011, 04:14 PM
B&C 140 Class

Personally, I would never buy used, but that's just me. But if that's the route you want to take, I would suggest either one from a reputable bow shop or the ability to take your possible acquisition to a bow show for a top to bottom evaluation. if someone dry fired a bow they either wont have it for sale or wont tell you that is was DF'ed you never stated what you price range was so it is really difficult to make an assessment of what you may be able to get.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Old 12-03-2011, 08:43 PM
B&C 140 Class

just because its used dont let that fool you from thinking its not a good bow, there are many nice set ups out there for sell were people are hurting for money, or up grading, or one of the biggest reasons i see is that people thought they wanted to try to extend their deer season and try bow hunting so they whent out bought every thing and only hunt and knock the dust off a week before season and sling 6 shots and think they are ready to hunt miss a deer and craigslist their bow is found the next day. almost half the bow hunters i know knock the dust off their bows for the season then put um up for the year. these bows are great finds little to no wear. fully set up and most the time less than half the cost of a new. besides if your like me i just dont have 600 to 900 to put out on a bare bow and then put another 200 + in set up.