Deer Hunting Forums banner

night hunting

26K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
has anyone tried hunting after the sun sets...idk i was just thinking that it would be a good vantage to get the deer in their sleep. deer cant see in the dark right?????.....would night vision goggles with aiming the bow at night? does light spook deer?

#17 ·
It is not legal in any state. It is calling harassing the wildlife and you can be fined and jailed if caught repeating the act. I personally do not think that it is considered hunting when you use the darkness to kill a deer. It is much more gratifying to kill one during a legal daytime hunt where you actually have to work at harvesting a animal. Without the challenge of the hunt it is just called killing and anyone can do that. That is the last thing any parent or adult should want to teach a young person who is wanting to learn about the outdoors. My husband and I have raised our daughter to respect the outdoors and the wildlife. She harvested her first deer at the age of 7 and she stills at the age of 23 practices those same values that we taught her.

#8 ·
up here you can shine lights on a deer as long as your weapons are LOCKED UP otherwise your going to jail.Night hunting for deer is most likely illegal where you are and if it isnt istill wouldnt go.Sounds like a good way to get hurt or killed.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Every State requires a Hunter Education course before a hunting license can be obtained.
Every Student must pass the Course requirements in order to get a Hunting license.
During the course every student is issued a book which covers the rules and regulations of That State...

Good Luck to all Students...

#13 ·
#19 ·
#20 ·
coyote hunting tips.
In mi. they are packing this time of year, still hunt in blind with predator call or use decoys, cabelas has a lot of predator stuff, if your close to it in dundee, and remember they are packing so many eye's out there. they are everywhere, so anyplace you hunt will be good, they travel many miles for food at night.

#21 ·
we have recently had a few foxes take up residence on our farm, and I am gearing up to eliminate this threat to my poultry( I raise chickens and ducks)... I have a maglite XL50, which is super bright , and was curious if that particular light is generally considered to be enough for night hunting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.