A great day!! - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 10-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Scrub Buck

Default A great day!!

This morning i got to go out on my second hunt this year. I have been so buzy w/ football i havent got the chance to go out as much as i would like to. I got in about 15mins till sunrise and about 10 mines i here a deer right behind walking on a fenceline coming to me. right away i couldnt really tell how big he was he was about 10yrds away and i couldnt even tell. He sat there eating off the tree for a few mins and he walked through the timber. He hit the trail i walked in on and imidiatly turn right torwrds me. Nose down he almost ran into my stand. He looked staight at me and i was already ahead of him. I could now tell that he was a 5by4 with a small kicker coming off of his G2. A took a straight down shot and hit him in the spine paralyzing him. He is a great buck and i couldnt be happier. Ill put the pics up tommorrow because i dont have the usb prot for my camera.Then this evening i took my buddy to a tower that i have. we saw 3 does and a 6point until the last half hour. we saw about 10 does and 2 more bucks. I passed on the does but the 2 bucks sat out of range at about 100yrds. One was a small eight and the other a big big deer. It was late and getting dark so i couldnt get a final count but i would say atleast a good 10points. But i be seeing him shotgun season when he will be in the danger zone. I hope you guys are having as much luck as me here in illinois. Best of luck and good hunting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2007, 10:55 PM

Good deal man can't wait to see some pics. I hear alot about Illinois whitetail giants and hopefully you'll be posting some "midwestmonsters" up in the gallery. GOOD LUCK.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:02 AM
B&C 100 Class

CONGRATS... Great hunting story
Old 10-29-2007, 09:50 AM

congrats. hope everyone else gets on some deer like that
Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Scrub Buck

How are the deer running for ya all? Here in Illinois they are atarting to run the does pretty good at this point. The weather has been getting cold latley which has helped alot. It has been warm the last couple months which pushed the pre rut late. I was lucky to get that 9 pointer at a 44 yard heart shot early this year. I have seen 2 170 class deer out in the woods this year . I hope to introduce them to my MATHEWS! lol Wish ya all GOOD LUCK this year!
Old 10-30-2007, 08:43 PM
B&C 180 Class

congrats on your buck when i read he cut your track i figured you were gonna say he bolted.Great story great shot.
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky