What is it that Drives You in Going out to HUNT???? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 11-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Scrub Buck

Default What is it that Drives You in Going out to HUNT????

I believe that everyone has a passion for a distinct hobby in life.. For a lot of people it can be a specific sport.. They wake up every morning and practice hard, to pick up there game. Well my question is, what is it that drives you to just wake up and go HUNTING.????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2011, 09:29 AM
B&C 100 Class

I just love the outdoors and I love the chase. Never knowing whats gonna walk over the ridge. Heart pounding adrenalin.
I have spent about 80 hrs in the tree this last 2 1/2 weeks I just love it
Old 11-12-2011, 10:36 AM

Nature is God's greatest creation, man comes in second just to enjoy it. Hunting/fishing puts me in the greatest show on earth!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:52 AM

I agree with both & to add to them I used to love all types of deer hunting but since I got back into bow hunting a few years ago I have all but givin up on firearm season don't get me wrong I still hunt with a rifle but not everyday like I do bowhunting just love the challenge

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 11-12-2011, 01:31 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdeputy2 View Post
I agree with both & to add to them I used to love all types of deer hunting but since I got back into bow hunting a few years ago I have all but givin up on firearm season don't get me wrong I still hunt with a rifle but not everyday like I do bowhunting just love the challenge

Exactly what he said
Old 11-14-2011, 12:25 PM
B&C 180 Class

Have a weapon in your hand and then seeing a deer, makes my adrenaline RUSH
Old 11-20-2011, 02:09 AM
B&C 140 Class

I love venison and creative methods in preparing it. and its not going to get on my table unless I get up early and go get it. I have spent a lot of money and time over the years in pursuit of deer(some might say, too much) but I wouldn't change anything.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Old 11-20-2011, 03:57 AM
B&C 160 Class

well i dont get out of bed to hunt in the AM much. i have insomnia. if im still up at that time in the am i will go out. but i dont wake up to go out. so mostly i am a late afternoon hunter. but my reasoning for being a hunter. 1. as HM sead. seeing gods creation in all it glorry is one reason i hunt. 2. also aleady mentioned above, the adrenaline rush of somthing moving in your direction in the woods, hopeing its a deer, and the maga rush if it realy is a deer.; 3. the self soficancy of it. if sociaty as we know it were to seace to exist, and $$$ was useless, i could still provide food for my family, and extera meat for bartering for other essential items, because i know how to hunt form years experiance.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:26 AM
B&C 100 Class

1. Taking part in world (whether science based belief or religious belief). You get to be part of something way more powerful and way beyond our scope of understanding.

2. The chase and the adrenalin. Trying to match wits with something that is intelligent and seeing who can win (kinda puts you back in your place in the scope of how little we as humans know).

3.Seeing the results of hard work. Nothing like planting a food plot and managing deer and watching the animals respond.

4. The uncertanty of what will happen each day. You never know what deer will step out, what neat things you might see, etc.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:19 AM
B&C 120 Class

Well let me give it some thought. For the first part of my hunting life, it was what we did. It was the way I grew up. We kids played football, rode horses and bulls and we hunted and fished. Then it became both my vocation and my avocation. I hunted for a living and for enjoyment. Then I just did it for a living. Now I am back to doing it for enjoyment.

I go only when I want to and feel like it and if I miss a prime day, it does not bother me a bit. However, I must get outdoors a certain number of days each year or I go bananas. I have gone from hunting over 120 days a year to hunting maybe 20. But there comes a time whent he wife, kids and grandkids get on my nerves and I have to hit the woods. What I kill or if I kill matters not one bit. I enjoy the scouting every bit as much as the hunting.