Deer Hunting Forums banner

Same Deer, Missed Twice

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
This is kinda of an embarassing thread, but i have missed the same buck twice now. I missed him once about two weeks ago, due to my arrow hittin a branch in flight, and tonight i missed the same one. Stupid buck was walking towards me, and i drew back hoping he would continue torwards me, but he stopped right behind a dang tree and stood there for at least 5 mins. So with my bow at full draw, struggling to keep it back, he finally walks out, but just ready to let the arrow go, i shot at 35 yards, and shot under him. I will get this buck eventually, he is a nice 8 point, with about a 12" spread, about 18" tall..This buck has earned the name, lucky.

#4 ·
I think it's safe to say We've probably all had the same thing happen at least once throughtout the years.
I hope you get to changes Lucky's name to Supper! Good Luck

#5 ·
OK, since we're telling embarassing stories... I can one up all of you. Last Friday morning, I was bow hunting and about 15 hens came out. I was in a new blind (never shot out of it before) and the first shot I took on a hen hit the side of the blind (B/c the arrow sits lower than the site). I felt stupid after that shot, but NOT stupid enough to do it a second time! Then I took 3 more shots all missing high or low. Missed 5 times at the same hen. Went home and my bow is still zeroed in. I too had to leave b/c all 5 arrows were on the ground.

might just have to rethink the purchase of a range finder....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.