Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Bow Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/)
-   -   What do you keep on your hunting pack? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/8440-what-do-you-keep-your-hunting-pack.html)

JWeaver 10-19-2011 11:13 PM

What do you keep on your hunting pack?

I've been messing around with my pack and I just can't seem to get it how I want. Can you give me your contents?

Predator 10-20-2011 01:02 AM

It really depends on the time of the season, generally I have an extensive first aid kit, ((Personal ID info, hunting lic, CC, cash and permission slip)). several pair full length field dressing gloves, latex gloves, 2 knives, cord, binoculars, video camera, 2 flashlights, zip locks, whistle, extra release, TP, trail mix, Allen-pk, bandana, extra clothing I don't wear to the stand, gps, matches w/tinder and water.

additional items that are season dependent are doe estrus scents, grunt wheeze call, doe estrus call, rattling horns, fawn bawl.

VolHunter 10-21-2011 02:54 PM

Water, snacks, gloves, knife, flashlight, limb saw, limb pruner, cold weather beanie, scent killer, knife sharpener, rain gear.... (depending on season) extra bullets, extra bow release, scents, calls.

on_the_fly 10-21-2011 04:37 PM

water, snacks,hand warmers, knife, 2 flash lights (one hand held and one head strap/hands free), small first aid kit, i dont carry fild dressing because i dont feild dress around my hunting area i take them home to do, i hunt less than 10 min drive from the house so i make sue i have my deer drag in my pack.
most important for me because i do hunt alone is i keep a gps at home that i have plodded my stand locations on from were i park my truck. i remind my wife yearly on how to operate it if for some reason me nor her could send my dad or someone more woods knolagable after me if something were to happen. but anyways anyone could turn it on at my truck and walk right to my stand in that hunting area. hunting by myself i thought that was the best way to keep up with it just in case i drove a different truck.

WisconsinDeer 10-21-2011 04:51 PM

Pretty much what everyone else said. Water, snacks, gutting knife, zip ties, limb saw, some extra ammo if it's gun season, gutting gloves, small plastic bag, a paper towel and maybe a few other little things that I can't think of. I keep a folding knife, a little flashlight and my phone in my coat.

Musella74 10-23-2011 07:44 PM

I live in the country so were I hunt I have a small blind about 400 yards from house down In the fields so I pack a few waters, some snacks, a couple knifes, tags, flashlight, an extra longsleve shirt, a can of chew (might be the most important thing in my pack LOL) some calls, a turkey call because here in NY turkey is open during bow, and I always bring an old turkey vest cushion because I have had the bad experience of getting to my blind and siting in a wet seat all day. If I go to my tree stand I take the wheeler and bring similar things.

tator 10-24-2011 09:36 AM

Don't forget the YAHTZEE game!! can't go w/out that... make sure you also bring your cell phones guys just in case something happens to you. I sometimes forget mine in the truck and I'd be screwed if something happened to me in the woods.

turner 10-24-2011 09:43 AM

I always make sure to have my pee bottle too!! :thumbup:

tator 10-24-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turner (Post 61407)
I always make sure to have my pee bottle too!! :thumbup:

YEP! that's something important!