Deer Hunting Forums banner

2nd weekend coming up

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Predator 
#1 ·
#3 ·
wind, wind and WIND. man it was blowing all day long. right up til it was too dark to shoot, and then it stopped. stopped dead. And I dont have to tell you how the deer react when the winds are gusting and swirling. I did have three come in around 7:30 in the am, but the winded me or someone or something and white flagged back to where they came from.

#6 ·
got out early, last time I'm doing that. weather was ok when I left house, it was supposed to be raining but wasn't. got to the stand and it rained. got soaked (don't have water resistant gear). got cold but stuck it out till after the self imposed cutoff time of 9:30. no activity at all except the 3 does I seen early Saturday morning.

Sure glad there are gravy days.

#7 ·
3RD weekend next week

Talk about extreme swings from one week to the next and that's kinda what happened between my first two outings this year.
Again, the extended forecast for next weekend is looking REALLY great and with the impending rut not far behind, hoping to see some early signs of (estrus interest).

I put my trail cam out again at the conclusion of last weeks hunt and will pull the card at the conclusion of next weekend.

I failed to mention that I screwed up bad the first weekend. Sunday morning around 7:00am, I had contemplated mounting the video cam on my stand. I dismissed the notion because the day just looked like so many other bust days. 1 1/2 hours later I had 2 bucks come to my neck of the woods and one decided to stay. Had I mounted tha camera, I would have had a beautiful harvest sequence. (Still kicking myself)

Some of the best lessons are the hardest. except for inclement weather, I will always have that camera mounted from here on out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.