Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Bow Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/)
-   -   Mathews Broke (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/8376-mathews-broke.html)

okla_bowhunter 10-09-2011 09:08 PM

Mathews Broke

Well yesterday, decided to fling a few arrows at the target. I pulled back my bow about 3 inches and SNAP! Top riser split longways down the length of the arm in 3 places. On my birthday no less. Would have ruined it if it wasnt for OU's domination of texas lol. Anyway, do you guys know what channel i could go through to get a new riser? It is a Mathews Z-Max from i believe 1992. I have searched the internet fruitless, and sent an email to Mathews, awaiting reply still.

buckfever 10-09-2011 11:04 PM

That sucks. Hopefully Mathews gets back to you tomorrow. You would think they would have fairly decent customer service.

OU did beat the dookie outta Texas!

Predator 10-10-2011 01:14 AM

Ouch, that sucks. don't sound like you have a second bow either. this is when the manufacturers get to show off their customer support.

My AXE 6 was experiencing some cam slippage. my bow shop gave PSE a call and they are sending a new set of 2011 cams. I cant say enough about PSE.

hope you get some results that you can live with.

TurdyPointBuck 10-10-2011 07:50 AM

That sucks, hope you get it fixed

Hunting Man 10-10-2011 07:03 PM

Not good and great you weren't hurt. Lets us know how Mathews handles this.

okla_bowhunter 10-13-2011 01:24 AM

Well this really is my first time dealing with Mathews. I the responded promptly, telling me i needed to contact a mathews dealer to get the new limbs. I was impressed that they still had limbs for a bow from the mid 1990's. NOT impressed with the cost. Lowest price for a replacement limb within driving distance was $95.00, Im sure after the middleman mark up, but still, im not shooting a high priced bow, I have found my same exact bow for sale on the internet for $100-$160. Not sure which avenue to take lol, i just want to hunt!!:wallbash:

okla_bowhunter 10-13-2011 01:26 AM

They responded promply*

Buckshot 10-13-2011 07:04 AM

I thought Mathews bows had a lifetime guarentee on the limbs. My limbs gave out several years ago and they replaced at no charge. You might want to double check that.

okla_bowhunter 10-16-2011 05:17 PM

I am not the original owner of the bow, im actually the third owner. I have heard from everyone except the dealer that mathews covers limbs for life. Dealer said 5 years. But the guy didnt sound too bright lol. I got a mathews switchback from my boss for a loaner bow for awhile as he is using his crossbow this year. thanks for all the help guys

Predator 10-16-2011 05:34 PM

I would look into a new bow. your already going to be 95.00 into it plus driving expense and time. plus you will be the orig owner and a lot better bow.