Deer Hunting Forums banner

nine pts of success

4K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  godsmack 
#1 · (Edited)
Title should read 9 points OF success

It was a Great start to the 2011 bow season here in Illinois!!
With temps dropping in the AM to the frosty mid 30s and only getting up to the low 60s and high pressure moving in and stabilizing. It set the stage for a fantastic start to this seasons quest to fill the freezer. After missing a doe in the evening of the 1st, opportunity knocked again in the AM of the 2nd when a 9 point buck stopped 15 yds in front on my stand. The Xforce powered muzzy tipped gold tip pro hunters blew through the cage and both lungs, allowing the buck to go a mere 10 yds before expiring.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
very nice buck Predator
temps are finally starting to drop here still been in the 70's during the day & high 50's at night
supposed to drop to the high 30's tonight

#5 ·
Thanks for the congrats guys, I appreciate it.

Yeah, BruceBruce I did kinda overemphasize the muzzy didn't I? I just wanted to take that opportunity to make a point that it don't matter what broad head you shoot. if you take out both lungs, hes down, and quick.

FYI, I use a 4 blade Muzzy in the 100gr flavor and this one was the resharpened broad head I missed with the night before.

#14 ·
Title should read 9 points OF success

It was a Great start to the 2011 bow season here in Illinois!!
With temps dropping in the AM to the frosty mid 30s and only getting up to the low 60s and high pressure moving in and stabilizing. It set the stage for a fantastic start to this seasons quest to fill the freezer. After missing a doe in the evening of the 1st, opportunity knocked again in the AM of the 2nd when a 9 point buck stopped 15 yds in front on my stand. The Xforce powered muzzy tipped gold tip pro hunters blew through the cage and both lungs, allowing the buck to go a mere 10 yds before expiring.

I am itching and ready!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.