Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Bow Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/)
-   -   New Bow? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/8142-new-bow.html)

TxMulie10 09-08-2011 02:53 PM

New Bow?

So all i have ever done is rifle hunt and i wanted to get involved in bow hunting. All though i have never owned a bow my buddy has one and i have spent lots of time practicing with his so im comfortable with a bow.What im getting at is I want to buy a bow but i need some help picking one out... Ive looked around on bass pro and heres a couple that i have found...
PSE Archery Stinger HP RTS Compound Bow Package

Martin Archery Exile Compound Bow Packages

RedHead Blackout Compound Bow Packages

Out of these bows which would be the best buy for me. Or if yall have any other advice or suggestions PLEASE share them with me.

gfdeputy2 09-09-2011 05:49 AM

Most all name brand bows will be made of good quality but price should not be the only consideration or on the top of the list
personally I would not buy from a catalog at least not without trying the bows out first
Not sure about Bass pro but most bow shops will let you try out the bows before you purchase one
if you purchase a good bow that is comfortable to you & shoots to fit your style you will really never need to replace it (in normal circumstances)
to me it is like buying a car you don't buy one without test driving one first
plus a good local bow shop will set it up for you at no additional cost if you purchase it from them & they can better tell you what would be the best choices for you level & style
1 important thing don't get caught up in the "NAME GAME"
Matthews is not better then Hoyt, Hoyt is not better then PSE
they all make great bows & you don't need the latest greatest bow on the market it will not make you a better bow hunter
go get what feels right & shoots the way you like for a price you can afford

Musella74 09-10-2011 04:20 PM

I recently bought a new bow, it was the Bear archery Charge. Its a beautiful bow and It was a bow package for 399.00. It is a very quality bow for its low price. I bought it at a local Gander Mountain and after shooting it at their indoor range I fell in love with it. Its fast and incredibly quiet.

Predator 09-11-2011 12:32 AM

Go to a range that has several bows set up and try as many as you can. I bought my son his first bow last year that incidentally was a stinger combo package. he loves the bow. don't try to save money on ebay, buy from a reputable dealer, you will be happier in the end as the old adage goes, you get what you pay for, most of the time.
and I am going to add one thing that there may be some disagreement with but I believe from personal experience. purchase the best bow you can reasonably afford. you do not want to spend 3 to 5 bills on a bow and wonder later why you didnt spend a little more on a better bow.