recurves - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 08-07-2011, 05:17 AM

Default recurves

Got the itch again and bidding on another Bear recurve. There's just something to be said for the older stuff. Some of the bows are just works of art. Old bows in pristine condition are fetching some hefty prices when one considers what they sold for new. Right now investing in vintage firearms/archery stuff probably are a better investment than the stock market. I cried all week at loosing 50K in the 401-K accounts. I don' want to work past age 62 and I think this over abused body is going to tank out before then anyway. I don't make any excuses for buying a few things here or there I just enjoy them. If I need to sell them in time then so be it. I plan on shooting a bit today with the new cedar arrows. Maybe it just lets me return to the late 60's early 70's for a few moments. This is how I started bow hunting, using a Bear Kodiak Magmum 50lb draw weight recurve bow. I moved into custom T/D down bows for several years until the neck and shoulder said no more. The last T/D bow was made by Bruin bows and was a thing of pure form and beauty. Brazilian rosewood (also called cocobolo wood) riser and matching tips. Bow speed back then was 212pfs, not bad for a stick bow with a 58# draw weight. If I win the new bow I'll post it, it's a dual color wood riser, really stunning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2011, 11:15 PM

Dang, I had to stop bidding as the price just too high. Just to wait for another one.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:42 AM

I hear you on the 401k.. Recurves have got to be a better investment! Good luck next time.