Another recurve - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 PM

Default Another recurve

Got the fever really bad. Won a auction on a Bear Kodiak 1970 recurve. Bidding got intense. Photo's look to be really clean one. I think I figured out what I'm trying to do: Maybe have one each of the top models Bear Archery made. I have the Kodiak on it's way, a Black Panther, 2 Grizzlies. The next one the list is a Black Bear. If anyone has really clean Bear recurves that you want to part with send me a post! The Kodiak Magnum is a highly desirable model and can draw some big money. I like the 60's-70's year bows. I had the Black Panther out last week and shot about 2 doz arrows. Actually hit where i was wanted after about 5 arrows, neck and shoulder held up. That's how all this started out I wanted something to strengthen the right side and thought how about something I like to do so... I have a doz cedar arrows being made down south at All Wood Arrows (Brian) he makes some nice stuff for you traditional shooters. He made up the last doz I purchased and can attest to his quality. Check out his web site, he will custom make anything you want in wood arrows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2011, 07:23 AM

HM the recurve man. You need a tv show so we can watch you work with em.

I have talked with Brian at All Wood Arrows through email before. He seems like a good dude. I dont think he is much more than an hour or so away from me.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:14 PM

Just got the new batch of cedar arrows from Brian today and like always they look great. I have found my max draw weight though, 53#. The Kodiak is all I can do without tearing up the old shoulder. It came better than the seller stated and I'm really pleased. 42-45# draws nice for me as I tend to stack up the recurve bows with a 29.5" draw. I had 4 of the bows out yesterday and shot about 30 arrows through them, all have a different feel to them. It's great mental therapy to go out and shoot a few arrows. So far the zebra wood grizzly shoots the best for me.