Tree stand camo - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 AM

The object is to use all the tools you can to be successful, whatever that is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 AM

We've all heard stories of guys that scored by going against all the rules but those examples are few and far between.
Using camo clothing is just another option that helps increase a hunters chances.
There are a lot more stories of camo wearing successes vs. the oposite.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:47 AM
B&C 180 Class

Don't think I would want to waste my time by going into the woods w/out camo on.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:56 PM
B&C 100 Class

Also im sorry i forgot to mention why its so dangerus well the land is bordered by sevral differnt people and they just dont understnd we dont want them out there even after we tell them and write letters and this year we came very close to haveing a bad accident while rabbit hunting. Plus this is off topic but they shot our big ten we had out there!!! any way thats the 2nd close call we had out there because of camo.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:28 AM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake112 View Post
Also im sorry i forgot to mention why its so dangerus well the land is bordered by sevral differnt people and they just dont understnd we dont want them out there even after we tell them and write letters and this year we came very close to haveing a bad accident while rabbit hunting. Plus this is off topic but they shot our big ten we had out there!!! any way thats the 2nd close call we had out there because of camo.

Well in defense of camo... that's why if it's shared land, the users need to communicate with each other and let each other know when they are going to be using the land. Also, if it was deer season, most states require hunter orange to be worn during rifle portion. Don't know about you fellas, but I always check 100% of my target before I go blazing fire. Camo is the right thing to have on while hunting. Communicate with your fellow hunters and let them know where you're setting up at or traveling through and you shouldn't have any problems.

**just my opinion
Old 04-13-2011, 10:09 AM
B&C 140 Class

Good friend of mine and his dad both hunt deer and turkey with their light brown carhart's. Don't even think they own any camo cloths, and they seem to harvest every year
Old 04-13-2011, 04:07 PM
B&C 120 Class

Camo makes some people get sloppy with woodsmanship. Camo is just one tool that can be used to help one be successful in the field. Camo wont help you avoid deers eyes if you move, it wont help you avoid a deers nose if you "stink", it wont help you avoid a deers ears if you are making noise. You have to keep all of these and more in line to remain as hdden as possible.

I always wear some orange during gun season and make sure I know where others I am hunting with plan on being.

My budget dosen't allow me to get fancy with my camo patterns. I wear just about the same outerwear all season and just change the layers for warmth and comfort. I try to stay in a shadow and avoid being backlit by the sun. I also like to use vegatation from the site I am at to break up my outline.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:12 PM

I can agree with most said here except that camo makes us more sloppy. I use camo, and believe it makes me a better hunter as I can get the deer right in to my stand for close quality shot. Camo like we've said is another important tool to be used. Rifle hunting for good safety reasons is not so much a camo issue question. I've hunted in rifle season with blue jeans and an orange shirt/hat. For bow hunting I'll use everything in the book and that means camo clothes, and using pine/cedar boughs to cover my stand and me up, plus I get natural scent surrounding me at all times..
Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Scrub Buck

Thumbs up

Good stuff. I use real tree now it seems to work well for me. Being as still as possible I think is the most critical. Thanks for all the good info.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:20 AM

For northern cold weather hunting, Cabela's wooltimate camo clothing keeps me pretty snug. Prices have been coming down for these lately.