Bow info - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 02-12-2011, 09:52 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Bow info

Hey guys, looking at getting into archery. Joined over at Archery Talk and lookin for some help from you guys as well. I asked a longtime friend about getting into the sport and, to make a long story short, he is giving me an older bow that he only uses occasionally.

The bow is a Proline Carbon Hunter. Did some searching on Google but couldn't find anything. A guy at AT suggested it was made by PSE but I essentially hit a dead end there. In one picture, the tag says "Bear Archery" but I couldn't find any clues on their website. All I know is it's 50-65# draw, 30" draw length.

If anyone has any ideas on where to look for info, that'd be great!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 10:36 PM
B&C 100 Class

It sounds like an old bear archery bow my dad gave to me yeeaars ago. i only remember it because it looked like a compound but had basically recurve limbs. I actually just dug it out of the shed, mine is identical and says Carbon Extreme XLR. man i hope this helps i know how hard it is trying to track this info down. It may not be the exact bow but its got to be close.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:26 PM
B&C 100 Class

Sounds close anyways. I have all the info I need for right now, being the draw weight and length. I just wanna know about it, ya know. Thanks for the reply man, I appreciate it.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:34 AM
B&C 140 Class

proline had some nice bows back in the day. i shot a proline - pointblank for many years. but if i remimber right the lower limb said proline and the upper limb said pointblank. i wouldnt worry to much about it, its a great starter bow nun the less and you'll soon be like most of us and after you sling a few sticks you'll be looking to upgrade as fast as your pocket will let you.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:45 PM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_fly View Post
proline had some nice bows back in the day. i shot a proline - pointblank for many years. but if i remimber right the lower limb said proline and the upper limb said pointblank. i wouldnt worry to much about it, its a great starter bow nun the less and you'll soon be like most of us and after you sling a few sticks you'll be looking to upgrade as fast as your pocket will let you.
I'm not very old (only 22) but when I was in my teens and "just looking to get started" into something, I would have disagreed with wanting to upgrade. I already know that I'm gonna want to change and upgrade things. I'm excited to get started with all of this!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:16 AM

I remember the Pro line of bows too. I can't help on this issue though. You might want to have the bow looked at and set up by a pro shop for you. Check the cable and string also for wear. Good luck with your bow.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:25 AM

If you need info I would contact bear most bow manufactures are very good at giving you the info you need problem is bows seem to be like computers models only seem to be available for a year or two so they don't keep that info on the website long
GL & welcome to bowhunting it is an exciting sport
Old 02-14-2011, 08:26 AM
B&C 100 Class

HM, I'll definitely be going to a shop to get it set up. They'll probably need to adjust the draw length so I would imagine they would check the string before they get everything set where it needs to be. I don't actually have it yet but my friend sent me the pics and gave me as much info as he could.

Anyways, I looked on Bear's website the other night but I didn't contact them yet. I have some free time so I think I'll do that now.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:35 AM
Scrub Buck

Proline has been around for a while at least back to the 80's, in one form or another. They used to make some very good bows.