Octane 11.5 inch piston stabilizer - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Octane 11.5 inch piston stabilizer

anyone using it? i bought it on impulse. you know what i mean, "OOOOH shiny!". but it looks to be a top notch peice of equipment, and looks like it will work well. but i want to know if anybody has actual experience with it.
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 12:41 PM

Sorry I don't looks like a gimmick to me, pricey & seems kind of long for hunting here in the thick woods of NH. If i am not using my stabilizer cam I just use a chubby hunter
but I would like to know how it works for you
Old 01-20-2011, 05:08 PM
B&C 100 Class

actually to me, from a mechanical standpoint, it looks to be pretty revolutionary. and it makes sense, and weighs a good bit that should help balance the bow and stabilize the shot. and the piston with the weights on the end only make sense. thats where the weight should be in the first place. and the piston only enhances the desired effect other stabilizers only do marginally.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:54 PM

Don't get me wrong it does look cool & probably does work well
My point is most of the new bows are really quiet have very little string shock if any & are already very well balanced just to me it seems that there is not really a need for long heavy stabilizers any more w/ my rampage XT I don't even need one it came on the bow so I leave it there it is light & compact so I forget it is there this is of course only my opinion I am a small guy so to me the lighter the better
Old 01-20-2011, 06:42 PM
B&C 100 Class

well, my bow is a little older. its an 06 martin wildcat, and it feels so much better in my hand now with that weight out there like it is. maybe its a good solution to older bows. i dont know, but i havent shot it yet, ill let you know how it does after i do.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:59 PM

cool well that is what is impotant How it feels & works for you
there is so much stuff out on the market & just about anything you will get some that like it & some that don't I haven't tried it so I can't say but just not my cup of tea also if you like it or not there is a review section you cloud write a review to let everyone know what you think of it may help others looking to buy one
Old 01-20-2011, 07:20 PM
B&C 100 Class

i know its all personal preferance. and when i do shoot with it ill definately do a review. i guess ive never noticed that section. oh well, but other than that, my bow shoots great. i bought it because to me it still has a twang and some vibration to it. not a whole lot, but im just trying to make it as quiet as possible. my arrows are fighting for the same hole out to 35M now that ive had enough time to practice alot, and after 35M they are still accurate enough for me, im getting about 2-3" groups out to about 45M. i tried shooting out to 60 one day just for fun, but i could hardly see my block target behind my sight. and by the way, my sight is the new fuse carbon pilot g series 5 pin. it is SWEET! to say the least.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:35 PM

well it sounds like a nice setup if you don't already have one a string stop will help also I practice out to 70 yards & is very hard to see the target but is a lot of fun trying the review section is towards the top of the page click on hunting gear
Old 01-20-2011, 08:36 PM
B&C 100 Class

i actually do have a string stopper. its one of those front mounted deals, my bow didnt come with a rear bushing. i also have 4 monkey tails on the stings, two on the main string and one on each cable, up & down. it may sound like overkill and speed robbing, but id rather have a slow quiet bow than a blazing fast "speed" bow that sounds like a .22Mag going off. my father in law hunts with a bow thats about 20 years old, but it is deadly silent, and he always talks about his buddies with new bows shooting over 330FPS and deer jumping the string on them all the time. i tend to take a lot of advice from him, he is a very succesful hunter and his buddies are not, to say the least.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:33 AM

Your thinking is right on. speed is not everything the deer can't tell if it was hit by an arrow going 280 or 350 dead is dead. the IBO & ATA ratings are usless & are set to the very best condition ATA is moe accurate then the IBO ratings though my xt is rated at 323FPS through ATA I am only shooting 287 avg out of mine if you read up on the ratings you have to have a 40" draw a 9 ft arrow pull 150# temp has to be between 70 -71 degrees & on the first tuesday of July to achive this rating this is far fetched of course but you get my point when I purchase a Bow most important thing for me is comfort, weight, noise & of course price any bow in my draw weight 50-60# draw for the last 20 years will kill a dear ethicly so speed is one of the least things on the priority list for me
my bow setup is the Hoyt rampage XT w/ true-glo carbon XS sight, NAP smart rest drop-away, Kwikee Kompound quiver, PSE Xweave arrows Rage 2 blade broadheads w/ burt cvoyote lumenoks

Last edited by gfdeputy2; 01-21-2011 at 06:40 AM.