Octane 11.5 inch piston stabilizer - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 01-21-2011, 04:44 PM
B&C 160 Class

Speed is not everything but im expierenced enough to be able to shoot a bow with a hard cam and have one pin zero to 40yds.The close shots i aim low.If a new bow from any manufacturer is noiser than a 20yr old bow than your setup is way outta whack.Most recreational archers should not shoot a speed bow with a hard cam and short brace height.The problem is the average archer who picks his bow up a month bfore the season wants to shoot the fastest bow.This is the worst bow for him to shoot. Hes better off with a soft cam and longer brace height which is more forgiving to inconsisent form shot after shot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 07:59 AM
B&C 100 Class

my bow probably isnt really noisy, but to me it sounds noisy. that might just be because i am right behind it. i was talking to a guy at the range that was shooting right next to me and his bow was absolutely silent to me 5 feet away, but he said it sounded loud to him. either way im trying to make it more quiet. which isnt a bad thing. and like was said before, i dont care about speed, thats why bow sights have more than one pin, unless you take them off or what have you. and i said it before, id rather be shooting the slowest bow on the market as long as its quiet and accurate. and yeah, i could have bought a $1000 bow shooting 360 or faster, like the new PSE's, but they have an extremely low brace height, and i didnt even know if i was going to get into bowhunting, and if i didnt get into it i could always use it for target shooting if i was bored and id only be out $300 for the bow.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:54 AM
B&C 160 Class

Accuracy is the most important thing,you might upgrade in a couple of years to a faster bow.An arrow in the vitals is a dead deer no matter the speed.The pses you talk about have an extremly harsh draw cycle,there is huge hump before the cam rolls over.These bows are tough in cold weather.Ultimately you want to find a comprimise with a bow that gives you decent speed,forgiving brace height,and most important a grip that you like.IF you really want to advance in archery i suggest some material from len cardinale or bernie pellerite.Now is the time to learn as you are starting out before you ingrain all the bad habits most archers have.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 AM
B&C 100 Class

i hear ya on the accuracy thing. and a deer wont know if the arrow was shot at 250 FPS or 350. dead is dead. and i have drawn a few PSE's, they are a pretty rough draw. never shot one though. i think ill just continue buying martins or something similar.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:00 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
Accuracy is the most important thing,you might upgrade in a couple of years to a faster bow.An arrow in the vitals is a dead deer no matter the speed.The pses you talk about have an extremly harsh draw cycle,there is huge hump before the cam rolls over.These bows are tough in cold weather.Ultimately you want to find a comprimise with a bow that gives you decent speed,forgiving brace height,and most important a grip that you like.IF you really want to advance in archery i suggest some material from len cardinale or bernie pellerite.Now is the time to learn as you are starting out before you ingrain all the bad habits most archers have.
awww, come on.
you obviously havent shot any new PSEs lately.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Old 02-20-2011, 07:45 AM
B&C 100 Class

ive never shot a pse, and i can tell you ill probably never own one. they are too aggressive on the draw, and i hear too many people at my local shop talking about too much hand shock and being almost impossible to quiet down.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:08 AM
B&C 160 Class

Your gonna tell me the omens and x forces dont have a harsh draw cycle? Im not talking about the axe or evo.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:31 AM
B&C 140 Class

spiker,
the AXES and EVOs are Xforces. and they are PSEs, as was referred to in very general terms in the statement I responded to.

I admit some of the Xforce bows have the draw cycle you described. and prior to PSEs new improvements, they were needed to achieve the bow speeds they boasted. I have a GX series bow that fits that bill. I also have an AXE 6 that has almost no noticeable draw cycle in comparison. it has a 6" brace and is dead quiet. I can shoot the AXE all day long without becoming overly fatigued.

Thatguy,
the biggest mistake made in judging bows is listening to too many people and letting their hype decide for you. go out and shoot the AXEs and EVOs and decide for yourself. you cant judge a bow you have never shot yourself. well, you can but you sound foolish doing it.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Old 02-21-2011, 07:28 AM
B&C 100 Class

ok, this may sound abrupt, but im not posting on this thread anymore. anyone remember why i started this? it was to get input on my new stabilizer, and now its a pissing contest between whos bow has a smoother draw cycle. i didnt even realize it till just now, but you guys can have the thread. thanks for those that di give me feedback.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:55 AM
B&C 160 Class

I have shot the pse's and the axe ,dream season arent that bad but the omen does have a harsh draw cycle.I owned an 09 x force and im very familar with pse.The bottom line is this for the average archer who shoots a month bfore the season and punches the trigger the omens,monsters,and the rest of the harsh low brace height speed bows are the wrong choices period.