Deer Hunting Forums banner

Ameristep Doghouse blind HELP HELP

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 ·
My cousins husband passe3d away unexpectedly and I was given a great amount of hunting gear. He had purchased a Ameristep Doghouse blind last year and never got to use it and it ended up being given to me.

Well putting it up was no problem but 2 hours later we still can't get it down so it will fit in the pack bag. Can anyone help us, this is crazy.
As things stand right now I would never advise anyone to buy any Ameristep products if this blind and it's instructions are any indication:thumbdown: of its product quality.

#2 ·
is that the kind with metal bands?They are a pain at first you have to grab it at 10 and 2 and invert your hands and fold at the same time.It took me awhile to get the hang of it.:yes:

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yup thats the kind

yup, it's the type with the spring steel. We even went to Gander Mountain where this thing was purchased to see if we could get help from their "professional staff" and they showed us three different models of ameristep blinds with spring steel that they had put up for display and they can't get any of them down and back in the packs. Pretty good advertising huh ? I don't know what to do now, between 4 of us we spent over 5 hours trying to get this thing down and back into it's pack with no luck at all. We can't even get it to lay all 4 sides flat on each other.

#4 ·
Email ameristep customer service

#6 ·
good ,squeky wheel gets the grease:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.