Deer Hunting Forums banner

New Guy from Indiana

6K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  3212 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just found this Site today and liked what I saw. I'm relatively new to hunting, in that Ive gone a couple of years but never got to tag any yet.

I just started bow hunting this year and like it so far. I missed a nice doe this past Saturday that I'm still fuming about. Had her stopped broadside about 15yrds away and was ready to shoot her. Problem was I couldn't see her due to my eyeglasses conveniently fogging up. Learned to take my glasses off from now on, gonna have to get some Contacts I guess.

Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot from all of you.

Joe

#4 ·
Hello and welcome from Ohio. Eye glasses are a problem at times. I've had to wear them almost 48 years and now with bifocal needs it just blows. If you can shoot without them great! I hate bow hunting using a brimmed hat but with eye glasses it helps to keep rain/snow off. For fogging there are several products out there to spray on and wipe off that helps glasses/scopes from fogging.

#6 ·
Joe welcome from NH
I had the same problem a couple years ago w/ glasses fogging I now wear contacts much easier just make sure you put them in about 1/2 hour before heading out sometimes when you first put them in they are blurry for a little while but I wil not hunt w/ glasses again

#10 ·
I purchased a new product over the weekend called Nu-View. It's a liquid anti-fogging and scratch filler for plastic/glass. probably a waste of $6 but I'll report on the fogging issue when weather cond provide the test. the booth guy did a steam condition test and compared to the not treated side there was a difference, who knows with these products.

G
#11 ·
I'm a former Army Ranger and can vouch for this product. We used it on all of our optics, and the guy that owns the company is a Ranger Brother of mine. It works!! You should also try FrogLube on your weapons if you want to get them cleaner than they've ever been.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.