Deer Hunting Forums banner

deer cam

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  stopemanddropem 
#1 ·
i need to no if any one can tell me how old this deer is. Or if u think he will ever get any more biger b/c i tell. this picture was taken on sep. 2 on this year. it is in my profile plz lokk and reply to me thanks alot

#2 ·
sorry i could not see the pic. if you think you can put it in the gallery ill be sure to get everyone on here to give their 2 cents on it. or if you go to tinypic.com you can put right here in the forums. if its a small pic when your making a reply to apost you can scroll down to manage attachments and browse your computer and upload the pic into a thumbnail that we can click on to get a better look. hope this helps.

#5 ·
you have to resize the photo using whatever photo software you have on your computer. i think mine is a kodak one. it will be whatever program you use to transfer your pics from your camera to your computer. there should be somewhere you can resize the pic smaller and save it.

#7 · (Edited)
yeah when we click on the pic it gets bigger. thats a young deer for sure. i would have to say its prob a year and half old deer. prob born spring of 06. i would think it would get bigger. but its all up to his genetics how pretty of a rack and how much nutrition he can get to say how big of one he will develop. maybe a 6 ptr by next year and who knows what after that. he looks like he has decent mass on him for a spike. hopefully he will grow to be a monster in few years and you can take him before some other hunter does. and if you decide to take him this year thats fine too. have you ever killed a deer with a bow?

#8 ·
I agree with Buckfever, It looks like a 1-1/2 yo Buck to me, I can also tell that he's a strong solid spike because he has nice muscular sides not boney looking at all He's eating well so I would bet this Deer would be a good 6 pointer next year at this same time, BUT IF you'd like to harvest him this year I'd say go for it,,, Hunting doesnt ever have to be about Antler size or how well it will score for B&C or P&Y... Them young Spikehorn backstraps are SO darn GOOD.. just remember if you get it,,, WE all like seeing photo's.. :w00t:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.