Deer Hunting Forums banner

Florida bowhunt

8K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Hellbilly 
#1 ·
couple pics from my hunt on a florida WMA. (state land) was pretty wet as the pics show. and very open . lol.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Your Ga place looks like there could be a monster in there somewhere. The Florida pic I don't see how you could ever bow hunt there. How could you pattern a deer in the wide open like that?
it is more luck than anything. lol the bad part about it is when you see deer at 3 - 400 yards and all you have is your bow. would rather not even see deer. lol

#8 ·
i would like to see some of them "PROs" come down here and hunt some of these central and south Florida deer. You earn these deer. granted body size is nowhere what it is north of here, but you will work your tail off on public land to get one.

#10 ·
I will confirm what Kemster99 says, I scouted some areas in southwest Florida (Golden Gate, Estero, Naples, Bonita Springs) and I can say without hesitation that hunting in that region is probably the absolute hardest hunting conditions you'll ever try hunting under.
I take my hat off to every hunter, successful or not, that ever stepped foot into the woods of Florida. :whistling:

#12 ·
to add... its not all of florida:whistling:
I have family in FL and their land looks like the hard woods around NC. Killed my first deer there (big doe 10yrs ago in a large plot of Oaks:ibtl:)
south florida and some of central fl is swampy, wet hunting. Central florida to north is pretty pine and oak woods with the ever present palmettos.

#13 ·
I can't say anything about Florida's brutal hunting but I can say that archery hunting in Michigan's UP in late season when it can get down to below zero not counting the wind, would test any archer's ability to just stay on stand, let alone get a shot off. So why do we hunt the way we do, it's some of the best times/memories we have during our hunting lives. For Florida I think I would have one eye for deer and one eye for the critters that might be looking for me!:nerd:

#14 ·
For Florida I think I would have one eye for deer and one eye for the critters that might be looking for me!:nerd:
BINGO !!! and I agree.
I only have 2 eyes and in Florida there's way more critters then i'm capable of keeping my eyes on. :unsure:

#16 ·
I use mossy oak Camo pattern but I know people that wear Plaid
sorry. I would start out looking for the feeding & beeding areas & set up some cams

#18 ·
I know what it was like there cuz I was there with him. Ever had a 4'-5' gar swim past you on the trail to your stand? I have, have you had to wade chest deep in water looking for your deer while your buddy stands on gator watch? I have and they were all in the same day down there with Kempster. I live and hunt around the Ocala area and Gville and aint nothing like down there. about forgot,if you stopped walking the crawfish would attack your feet like skeeters

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.