buck bomb - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 09-16-2010, 08:19 AM
sbtate3

Default buck bomb

Anyone using the buck bomb products? I am seeing more and more shows where the hunters are using it. I do understand they are getting payed to use it. Whether or not they are using it in the field or just spraying it right outside the camp is to be determined. So I was curioius if anyone is using it and what you think of it.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2010, 08:52 AM

I am currently trying the Buck Bomb "Doe P" in a couple areas that I'm not hunting, so far, All I can say is it isn't hurting the spots I'm trying it in and Deer are coming into these areas to check it out.

Buck bomb has many different canned scents the one thing I would suggest is, if you're going to try it stick with the "Doe P" first and then after you learn whether it's going to help you and your hunts then you might want to consider buck bomb's other canned scents.

Good Luck

Old 09-16-2010, 09:08 AM
B&C 180 Class

Funny story--- they make other scents in those little areosal cans like buck pee, doe pee, doe in estrus, and now they are making pine scent, earth scent, and accorn scent. (these might be made by a different company).
ANYWAYS- i was watching a hunting show one night and this hunter sprayed accorn rage scent ALL over the area he was hunting and then he sprayed his whole body down with it too! He had flies, mosquitos, wasps, hornets, bees, and everything you can imagine swarming him on his hunt!!!!!! plus he and his hunting clothes were NICE and STICKY! I hate to laugh at people, but this was just humerous, to me, to see.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:12 AM
B&C 180 Class

On a serious note--- I had a buddy call me last night and we were talking hunting. He brought up that fact that he had boughten some doe in estrus scent for his bow hunt. I wasn't thinking but after I got off the phone, I started to realize that he doesn't need to be using doe in estrus scent NOW, because there are no does in estrus NOW. Luckily I called him back and got it straightened out. Just a simple mistake that some might make. If I had to guess...... bucks may been drawn AWAY from this scent this time of year--- because they know it is NOT right...
Old 09-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Scrub Buck

I would agree. That seems a bit early for that kind of scent. I don't use any scent during our bow hunting season. I look for areas where deer tend to move from bedding areas to feeding areas and hunt some where in the middle. I try not to get to close to the bed or to close to the food so not to spoke them out of there confort zone. There are only two of us in our club that bow hunt so I don't want to mess things up for the other guys when rifle season comes in. But back to tator post on scent. What is ya'lls recommendations for which types of scent for pre rut versus rut?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:59 AM
B&C 180 Class

i stick to actual deer scents personally. I'm not going to use something that has pine scent, or earth scent, or apple scent, or accorn scent. during the pre-rut, if i use anything it would be on a mock scrap and it would be either doe or buck pee. during the rut is when i drag a line behind me to the stand w/doe estrus scent and i even spray it into the air about once every half hour while in the stand. Good cover scent especially when the wind is changing directions occasionally.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:01 AM
B&C 140 Class

The buck bomb aerosol products work great, I used them a lot last year and will be doing so again this year. The doe estrus is better than a drag line during the pre rut /rut. using the doe pee now and have several cans of the acorn rage that I will be dispensing come hunt time. I would like to see the prices become a little more reasonable. 10.00 a pop starts cutting into the budget pretty hard if you spend any significant time in the field.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Old 09-19-2010, 11:44 AM

Because I archery hunt during the rut I do use estrus scents and mock scrapes. As far as cover scent, simply crushing local pine/hemlock needles and rub on your clothes will give off a concentrated natural scent. Also, use scent eliminator sprays as they work. I have a small spray bottle that I keep in my fanny pack and will spray down prior to and while on stand or if I move to another stand.

Last edited by Hunting Man; 09-19-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:48 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default update

I have been posting for some time about my use and endorsement of the buck bomb product.
Depending on a satisfactory response from their customer service people, that may soon change my tune. I have had numerous problems with the product this year ranging from uneven dispersion of aerosol and contents to the gumming up of the nozzle causing the loss of the entire contents of the can.my satisfaction with the product has gone from about 90% positive to 100% negative.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Old 11-08-2010, 11:01 AM
B&C 180 Class

predator-- I've only used 2-3 cans of it... but the last can I had i accidentally pushed the nozzle all the way down and it started spraying on it's own and I couldn't push the nozzle back up! that was a little frustrating, seeing how I wasn't ready to use THAT much of the scent....