Deer Hunting Forums banner

buck bomb

19K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Kansasdoe 
G
#1 ·
Anyone using the buck bomb products? I am seeing more and more shows where the hunters are using it. I do understand they are getting payed to use it. Whether or not they are using it in the field or just spraying it right outside the camp is to be determined. So I was curioius if anyone is using it and what you think of it.

#2 ·
I am currently trying the Buck Bomb "Doe P" in a couple areas that I'm not hunting, so far, All I can say is it isn't hurting the spots I'm trying it in and Deer are coming into these areas to check it out.

Buck bomb has many different canned scents the one thing I would suggest is, if you're going to try it stick with the "Doe P" first and then after you learn whether it's going to help you and your hunts then you might want to consider buck bomb's other canned scents.

Good Luck

#3 ·
Funny story--- they make other scents in those little areosal cans like buck pee, doe pee, doe in estrus, and now they are making pine scent, earth scent, and accorn scent. (these might be made by a different company).
ANYWAYS- i was watching a hunting show one night and this hunter sprayed accorn rage scent ALL over the area he was hunting and then he sprayed his whole body down with it too! He had flies, mosquitos, wasps, hornets, bees, and everything you can imagine swarming him on his hunt!!!!!! plus he and his hunting clothes were NICE and STICKY! I hate to laugh at people, but this was just humerous, to me, to see.

#4 ·
On a serious note--- I had a buddy call me last night and we were talking hunting. He brought up that fact that he had boughten some doe in estrus scent for his bow hunt. I wasn't thinking but after I got off the phone, I started to realize that he doesn't need to be using doe in estrus scent NOW, because there are no does in estrus NOW. Luckily I called him back and got it straightened out. Just a simple mistake that some might make. If I had to guess...... bucks may been drawn AWAY from this scent this time of year--- because they know it is NOT right...

#5 ·
I would agree. That seems a bit early for that kind of scent. I don't use any scent during our bow hunting season. I look for areas where deer tend to move from bedding areas to feeding areas and hunt some where in the middle. I try not to get to close to the bed or to close to the food so not to spoke them out of there confort zone. There are only two of us in our club that bow hunt so I don't want to mess things up for the other guys when rifle season comes in. But back to tator post on scent. What is ya'lls recommendations for which types of scent for pre rut versus rut?

#6 ·
i stick to actual deer scents personally. I'm not going to use something that has pine scent, or earth scent, or apple scent, or accorn scent. during the pre-rut, if i use anything it would be on a mock scrap and it would be either doe or buck pee. during the rut is when i drag a line behind me to the stand w/doe estrus scent and i even spray it into the air about once every half hour while in the stand. Good cover scent especially when the wind is changing directions occasionally.

#7 ·
The buck bomb aerosol products work great, I used them a lot last year and will be doing so again this year. The doe estrus is better than a drag line during the pre rut /rut. using the doe pee now and have several cans of the acorn rage that I will be dispensing come hunt time. I would like to see the prices become a little more reasonable. 10.00 a pop starts cutting into the budget pretty hard if you spend any significant time in the field.

#8 · (Edited)
Because I archery hunt during the rut I do use estrus scents and mock scrapes. As far as cover scent, simply crushing local pine/hemlock needles and rub on your clothes will give off a concentrated natural scent. Also, use scent eliminator sprays as they work. I have a small spray bottle that I keep in my fanny pack and will spray down prior to and while on stand or if I move to another stand.

#9 ·
update

I have been posting for some time about my use and endorsement of the buck bomb product.
Depending on a satisfactory response from their customer service people, that may soon change my tune. I have had numerous problems with the product this year ranging from uneven dispersion of aerosol and contents to the gumming up of the nozzle causing the loss of the entire contents of the can.my satisfaction with the product has gone from about 90% positive to 100% negative.

#10 ·
predator-- I've only used 2-3 cans of it... but the last can I had i accidentally pushed the nozzle all the way down and it started spraying on it's own and I couldn't push the nozzle back up! that was a little frustrating, seeing how I wasn't ready to use THAT much of the scent....

G
#11 ·
i used one last night mixed with special golden estrus and i had a nice 8 circling me but wouldnt come out and just walked away then at dark he ran right to the buck bomb i put out 20 yards in front of me and double lunged him. the only complaint i have is that when i pressed the button the stuff got all over my hands. but it was well worth it.

#12 ·
I am fairly familiar with the product and have had 1 can lose its aerosol prematurely to finishing off the product. I have a can of doe estrus with no aerosol and 1/3 of the urine content still remaining. I have had 2 cans continue to spit and sputter after removing pressure from the nozzle and one can to the point that it stuck in the open position without depressing fully to activate the 90 second dispersal. needless to say, I am disappointed with the product this year. I wonder whether trying to keep up with production demand has lead to quality control issues.

#13 ·
buck bomb scents

I have used buck bomb and will continue to do so you do need to do a little research and find out the situation in which scent works best in and do some experimenting with trail cameras before season i have found that early season bow hunting the acorn rage works well even though it is spendier late season muzzyloader i have used the vannila curiosity and they seem to like that as long as they aren't on their toes if you have been bothering your deer all year checking cameras and disturbing the deer every couple days of even every week don't expect much as for the rut and pre-rut i use doe in estrus that can scare away some of the jumpier does though but the bucks act very agressivly to it during peak rut early rut i haven't found one that really works more than the other but i use the food scents like acorn rage of vannila good luck hunting and i recommend trying some of these.

#14 · (Edited)
We've tried some buck bomb this year but I'm undecided on if it works or not. Hubby sprayed some young buck and doe estrus out one morning and a 10 point did come in but the other couple times it didn't seem to make a difference. I didn't use any scents the morning I shot my 9 point and saw the big 11 point. I'm just not sure it was worth the extra $$$. I might change my mind later in the season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.