Help me please - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 09-07-2010, 11:04 AM
B&C 180 Class

no they're not 6 months apart... I was looking at my pics while typing and the dates are 6 months off... the deer are not 6 months apart. they are the same age. I told you guys, my fingers sometimes go faster than my brain!
Predator: Yeah that's the problem i have is they come to it but at night. I was just letting people know what I use to see the bucks on the property i hunt. I was talking about the scents to use during the season.
Ronn- Yeah in Mid-MO you can use whatever you want, but if you are planning on bow hunting on sept 15, by sept 5 you have to have ALL your bait out, EXCEPT for mineral licks and food plots. Plus you can use scents as well (aka buck bomb, doe in estrous, etc...) Also, we definately can't use accorn rage or any other attractant either. Which I think is a good thing. I see alot of those guys on TV use that and shoot a huge buck over the top of a pile of that stuff, and to me it's just not fair.
My opinion only.
Anyone else enjoy posting and visiting w/other hunters as much as me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 11:31 AM
ronn

yea no i hate talking hunting. grin

minerals are a good thing.

baiting/food to me is whatever either way. we've had so good threads dealing with baiting. some like you think its cheating. others like me think its no different than food plots, bean fields, orchards, water tanks in the dry country, or anything else put there by man that deer are attracted to.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:07 PM
B&C 180 Class

I don't think it's cheating... i just don't think it's fully fair. Just like the turnip beds i've planted... obviously so that they will attract deer. My problem is that two of the neighbors do food plots, so I have to draw the deer to my hunting spot somehow. I do have water.. which the neighbors do not have. I'm hoping turnips and H20 are just what the deer are ordering this fall!
To be quite honest... i would probably bait with anything if MO legalized it.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:37 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tator View Post
I don't think it's cheating... i just don't think it's fully fair. Just like the turnip beds i've planted... obviously so that they will attract deer. My problem is that two of the neighbors do food plots, so I have to draw the deer to my hunting spot somehow. I do have water.. which the neighbors do not have. I'm hoping turnips and H20 are just what the deer are ordering this fall!
To be quite honest... i would probably bait with anything if MO legalized it.
i hear ya .
Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 PM

We've had our share of discussions regarding baiting, plots, piles, blocks ect. I agree if a human planted it, piled it, grew it and shoots over it it's baiting. I usually hunt 1/2 mile from my plots but one could argue that somehow the bucks are on trails used by does going to/from the plots. Its hard to win a discussion when its not a natural food source. This isn't a slam on baiting, just calling it what it is. Also, probably best not to continue the never ending issue.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:46 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
We've had our share of discussions regarding baiting, plots, piles, blocks ect. I agree if a human planted it, piled it, grew it and shoots over it it's baiting. I usually hunt 1/2 mile from my plots but one could argue that somehow the bucks are on trails used by does going to/from the plots. Its hard to win a discussion when its not a natural food source. This isn't a slam on baiting, just calling it what it is. Also, probably best not to continue the never ending issue.
word .
Old 09-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
word .
I have the same problem with you. help me please
------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Development Company

Last edited by ltm0807; 09-13-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:56 PM
B&C 100 Class

i dont know if this has been brought up or not but if you can find or know where he lives you can either put a stand farther or closer to that point but not so close as to blow the chance . there is a good chance that he doesnt start moving at dark but by the time he is at your stand it is dark. so if you move accordingly you can change when you see him without changing when he moves.
Jesus Said "come with me and i will make you fishers of men" matt 4:19