Broadheads? - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 08-14-2010, 02:58 AM
Scrub Buck

Ive never shot rage but one of my hunting buddies shoots them and he has a problem with the blades staying closed when not in use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 11:44 PM

Im still on 3 blade muzzy 100 gr.

They still do the job though.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:54 AM

Haven't had a problem w/ them not opening but did have the problem with one of them not staying closed lubed the O-ring & it is fine only used them on a target so far man it does make one heck of a hole well I will see what happens hopefuly in a in a month from now I was using the trohy ridge expandables like I said & a couple of them flew like garbage & the rubber bands would come off sometimes when I pulled them from the quiver so that is why I tried the rage will see may go back to fixed blades at some point but the Rage really look like they will put a hurt on
Old 08-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Scrub Buck

muzzy 100 the only one i will ever use
Old 08-17-2010, 11:51 PM
cyokley

rage rage rage they are awsome. have put down four deer with them and none that ran over thirty yards. two of them never took another step. huge holes tremendous blood trails
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Conflicted!

Man, I go through this every year!!! Should I switch over to mechanical or stay with fixed? I get very mixed feedback from friends. My hope is to spend the money on other things so that I do not have to think about it, and once the season starts I will not switch.
Also, I have done very well with the Thunderhead 125's. It is amazing where this started for me back in the early 80's. My favorite was the Rockey Moutain supreme, 150 grain, 1 1/2" cut! Boy, have times changed. 85 grain, 1" cut?? Many arguments either way!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:08 AM
B&C 140 Class

I use the muzzy 100gr 4 blade right now. I can buy 6 broad heads for 30.00. Every time I even consider the rages I get stuck on the 40.00 for 3 broadheads arguement. I would be willing to try them, if the manufactuer would be willing to donate some for trial purposes. Im just not sold enough to part with $$$ to try them at my expense. My experiance tells me any broadhead in the vitals = dead deer. and my muzzys are flying good out to 50yds.
PSE 2006 FIRESTORM LITE #70
PSE 2009 TREESTAND GX #70
PSE 2010 1/2 AXE 6 #60
PSE 2011 EVO #70

The Devils Advocate

Revelation 22:17

Old 08-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Scrub Buck

I have used 3 blade muzzys for most of my years as a bowhunter up till 3 years ago when My friend turned me on to Rage 2 blade 2" cutting broadheads and i will never go back . I hav shot and my buddies hav also shot many deer with them and have never had a complaint. The size of the opening that these razors leave on animals like turkeys ,coyotes and deer is amazing. When the package says they fly like field points trust me they really do . With the muzzys i was always sighting in my bow whenever i switched from field points to broadheads. For you guys that are skeptics on these Rage broadheads TRY THEM u wont be disappointed!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:30 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedemsteel26 View Post
I have used 3 blade muzzys for most of my years as a bowhunter up till 3 years ago when My friend turned me on to Rage 2 blade 2" cutting broadheads and i will never go back . I hav shot and my buddies hav also shot many deer with them and have never had a complaint. The size of the opening that these razors leave on animals like turkeys ,coyotes and deer is amazing. When the package says they fly like field points trust me they really do . With the muzzys i was always sighting in my bow whenever i switched from field points to broadheads. For you guys that are skeptics on these Rage broadheads TRY THEM u wont be disappointed!
heard too many bad reports from guys that did try them to try them myself.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedemsteel26 View Post
I have used 3 blade muzzys for most of my years as a bowhunter up till 3 years ago when My friend turned me on to Rage 2 blade 2" cutting broadheads and i will never go back . I hav shot and my buddies hav also shot many deer with them and have never had a complaint. The size of the opening that these razors leave on animals like turkeys ,coyotes and deer is amazing.
I hear a lot more negative reports about rage than positive. It makes no sense for any hunter to switch to Rage if what they are using is working. Murphys law says Rage/All mechanicals are going to fail at some point, Rage isn't paying me to test the failure rate of their Broadheads but I'll save them money if they ask and tell them

"It's not a matter of If but when they will fail, All Mechanical Broadheads are subject to Failure at a much greater rate when compared to a fixed Broadhead like the Muzzy Broadhead which is what I use and I've never had a Muzzy Fail ever."