quickspin vanes? - Deer Hunting Forums
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

quickspin vanes?

getting some easton full metal jacket arrows made. just wondering if i should use the quickspin vanes or not? also what degree is recomended for vanes. I've always bought stock arrows already put together before so i have no idea which way to go. any input would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Brad
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 02:29 PM
ronn

i don't know anything about them other than they have a kicker on the trailing edge. i would think that might be an issue with a biscuit but fine with a fall away rest. just my thinking. i use 2" blazer on a very light arrow.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 10:16 PM
B&C 140 Class

Cant help you with the quick spins, I had 2" blazers put on my gold tips this spring. I wont be switching to anything else very soon.
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

thanks for the help guyz i think i'm gonna give them a shot. I'll let you know what i think.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 11:13 PM
cyokley

if you do use the quick spins get ready to sight your bow in all over again. the degree on a pre fletched arrow it 1 degree. the quick spins even when put on a 1 degree spin your arrow as if they were on a two or three degree spin. this will slow your arrow down quite a bit. i have arrows on one degree and arrows on two degree. an arrow with a one degree vien on it shot at fifty yards hits dead on and an arrow with two degree viens shot at same distance using same pin hits dirt about five feet in front of target.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 08:41 PM

Don't know about the speed slowdown but I can tell you is the accuracy is great. My son and I both shoot NAP quick spin st hunters. We shoot different arrows but get excellent flight.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2010, 08:47 AM

Ronn you are correct they are not recommended for use with the biscuit style rest & is what I use so have not tried them either I use the blazers also last 3 arrows I used the NAP quick fletch & seem to work very well & easy to put on I now carry a package of them for a quick repair if needed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode