Deer Hunting Forums banner

Arrow tip inserts

11K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  wisconsinshotty 
#1 ·
I just bought some new arrows that need the inserts glued into the shaft tips. Any recommedations on the type of glue, where to buy it, and how the task should be done?

Thanks.

#2 ·
i never glued them myself. i remember on another site this conversation had come up and alot of guys like some stuff called Goat Tuff. i looked up Goat Tuff on ebay and it looks like you can get a bottle for about $6 or so. ive also heard not to use gorrila glue because it will expand and possibly cause little hairline cracks in the arrow. i think the job would be done quite easily. hope this helps a little

#3 ·
I have watched alot of people put inserts in at my local bow shop.Put the glue pretty heavy around the insert then put the insert in the arrow then hit the arrow against a table or a piece of wood. After you get the insert in let the arrows sit 24 hours before shooting or putting field tips in.

#5 ·
how do you like those i saw an ad for em yesterday look pretty cool:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.