crossbows - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 03-04-2010, 09:43 PM

Default crossbows

I'm interested in getting a new crossbow. (neck & shoulders are forcing me to do it to keep hunting.)I would like to hear your thoughts on the best model/name and why. I not prepared to pay $2000 for a Ten Point, but I know a good one isn't cheap. Weight is a big factor for me so I'm interested in lighter models, thanks for any imput!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2010, 12:24 AM

So far Excalibur Equinox model is a probability. Fast and lighter than most. Don't know about the 225lb pull weight to load it? Speed is in the 350fps range. Haven't made a purchase yet.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Scrub Buck

i have a strykforce and a 3x tenpoint scope(excellent scope) with illumination settings from wyverns online. 190 pounds and weighs 8 pounds, factory tested at 392 fps with 425 grain arrow complete with tip. i also made a hybrid crank from the pull cocker that came with the bow and the parker crank that i also ordered from dave at wyverns. if you buy a strykforce you must also buy a spider web target they are fantastic i still cannot believe how good it is compared to my block. i just shot the bow for the first time ever yesterday after getting my spiderweb target. i did something right for once at 10 yards i hit 1.5 " left of dead center and the arrow only went in about 6 inchs and almost fell out of the target no pulling at all extremley hard to believe after shooting my dads horton lengend ll into the block for years. lets see if i can get some pics for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1523.jpg (94.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1519.jpg (94.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 03-17-2010, 12:55 PM

Nice looking rig. My concern is the cocking of the darn thing. The crank acessory is around $175 for the midrange bows. I have to go visit Bass pro and try it and see if I have the... to do it. Otherwise I'll have to purchase the auto crank. Thanks for your post.