post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
B&C 140 Class

X Force

Finally got to shoot the new bow.

WOW!

Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
B&C 140 Class

Finally chronographed the bow. I was initially a little disappointed till we did the math.

270fps...a little slow compared to the IBO rating but, I have it tweeked down to 60 lbs, I am shooting 27" draw and launching 390 gr gold tips with blazer 2" vane arrows. Still it seems rather fast since I still cannot see the arrows going downrange and what I have given up in speed I will recoup in kinetic energy.

Interesting tidbit...the cam module used in my firestorm lite is the same cam modules being used on the X force bows.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 04:54 AM
ronn

seems those extra inches make all the difference no mater what bow. my xforce at 63lbs over the crono was 326 with my hunting arrow i forget what it weighs but the last i knew my draw was 32". my arrow is cut to 29.5 and can be cut any shorter.
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 08:53 AM
wmi
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRBOURNE View Post
Finally chronographed the bow. I was initially a little disappointed till we did the math.

270fps...a little slow compared to the IBO rating but, I have it tweeked down to 60 lbs, I am shooting 27" draw and launching 390 gr gold tips with blazer 2" vane arrows. Still it seems rather fast since I still cannot see the arrows going downrange and what I have given up in speed I will recoup in kinetic energy.

Interesting tidbit...the cam module used in my firestorm lite is the same cam modules being used on the X force bows.
Actually that does sound a little slow for an XForce. I would think something around 285-290. I have a drenalin (slower bow) same arrow, 28" draw @ 62lbs shooting 293fps.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
B&C 140 Class

Maybe its just too darn fast and the chronograph is guessing.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 07:04 PM
wmi
B&C 140 Class

One thing for sure 270 will get the job done. Would not worry about it, the XForce is a great bow.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 07:09 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmi View Post
One thing for sure 270 will get the job done. Would not worry about it, the XForce is a great bow.
just had to get that in quotes before you deleted it
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 03:19 PM
wmi
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
just had to get that in quotes before you deleted it
NOT AS GREAT AS MY DRENALIN!!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Scrub Buck

My dreamseason is shooting 309 29" draw 70 pound. This one has the 7.5" brace. Great shooting bows.

vision recurve
pse dreamseason
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
B&C 140 Class

I have to admit, when I first started shooting my X force, it seemed really different, almost uncomfortably different.

now after a month or so and about 200 arrows, it is really starting to feel comfortable and shoot scary groups.
I made up some 6" rounds for qualification practice and my arrows started to graze each other when shooting multiples. I now have to aim at different quadrants of the circle so I do not hit my own arrows.

I guess it is the radical let off, there is not much at the wall and if you let the bowstring creep just a tad forward it wants to jump out of your release. where as with my firestorm lite there was a considerable plateau at the wall and that allowed you to relax just a little at full draw.

Last edited by Predator; 03-26-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode