blazer veins - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Bow Hunting
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

Old 01-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Scrub Buck

Default blazer veins

Im kind of new to bow hunting and have a quick question. I just bought some arrows with blazer veins. My friends dad told me that I can't shoot fixed broad heads with them and that I will need a fall away rest instead of the whisker biscuit that I have on my bow. Is this true? Does anyone else shoot blazer veins?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 06:03 PM
ronn

i shoot 2" blazers with a 85 gr montec G5 broad head through a biscuit. so basically without coming right out and saying it your friend's dad is mistaken. that said i'm looking at a fall away for more speed and to get away from the full capture type rest. my bow is putting my hunting arrow out at 326 fps. i tear up my arrows with my groups.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:54 AM
B&C 100 Class

you might tell the the guy your talking to that hes nuts i shoow a buiscut with blazers veins and a fixed blade muzzy or f-18 this year which i liked but not for the price great opening though. i think that you should make the call what you can and cant shoot my step dad hates veins and uses feathers and swears by them i cant stand feathers. its alot of preference
good luck though
Jesus Said "come with me and i will make you fishers of men" matt 4:19
Old 01-11-2010, 01:15 PM

I agree, I can't see any reason for not shooting the 2" blazers. Feathers have always been more forgiving vs plastic but require some sort of moisture resistant material to hunt in the rain/snow. I can't say that bisket rests are better or worse than other rests, I can say I do believe the fall away rests at this moment give the fastest arrow speed. I'm sure something new will come along and replace it. The old theory was 2" of vane would not stableize the new fast arrow speeds with fixed broadheads, this has been debunked, period. Shoot what gives you the best accuracy, even sacrifice some speed, and be happy with your results.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:54 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac6361 View Post
Im kind of new to bow hunting and have a quick question. I just bought some arrows with blazer veins. My friends dad told me that I can't shoot fixed broad heads with them and that I will need a fall away rest instead of the whisker biscuit that I have on my bow. Is this true? Does anyone else shoot blazer veins?
Well....I shoot fixed blade, blazer veins, and a whisker biscuit and my bow shoots wonderfully.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:12 PM
B&C 140 Class

i tried the blazer veins. shot through a whisker just fine. just seemed like my groups weren't very tight. switched back to 4" quick spins and haven't looked back. not sure why they blazers didn't shoot as well. might just be my bow or arrows , i don't know.